2020/21 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad we have him and he's a good player , but I think he's slightly overrated by lots on here and definitely by the 'pundits' on tv.

He's good defensively, can't argue with that. Puts one hell of a cross in. Another tick.

For me though, to be that top top quality modern full back, he's not great on the overlap and can't go past opposing defenders.

I know that's being hyper critical, but our rookie full back caused a hell of a lot more mayhem offensively tonight than Digne generally does. Yes, weaker opposition and all, but nkoukou obviously possesses more skill/flair and pace than digne going forward. And yes, nkoukou has yet to be tested defensively. We'll soon see how good he is in that regard. If he turns out to be as good as he currently looks, I hope in the not to distant future nkoukou gets the game time he deserves. I'd stick Digne more central and play nkoukou wing back.

I like Digne a lot,.Good, solid player definitely, but still not the all round worldy left back everyone else is seeing. What am I missing?
Specsavers lad.

I'm glad we have him and he's a good player , but I think he's slightly overrated by lots on here and definitely by the 'pundits' on tv.

He's good defensively, can't argue with that. Puts one hell of a cross in. Another tick.

For me though, to be that top top quality modern full back, he's not great on the overlap and can't go past opposing defenders.

I know that's being hyper critical, but our rookie full back caused a hell of a lot more mayhem offensively tonight than Digne generally does. Yes, weaker opposition and all, but nkoukou obviously possesses more skill/flair and pace than digne going forward. And yes, nkoukou has yet to be tested defensively. We'll soon see how good he is in that regard. If he turns out to be as good as he currently looks, I hope in the not to distant future nkoukou gets the game time he deserves. I'd stick Digne more central and play nkoukou wing back.

I like Digne a lot,.Good, solid player definitely, but still not the all round worldy left back everyone else is seeing. What am I missing?

Do people want him to score them as well?

lol

Barca said it all.

Digne is one of the best player at Everton.
Just because he didn’t force us way into the team at Barca shouldn’t go against the lad. Barca’s transfer policy has been a right mess in recent years. A scattergun approach to recruitment, with no clear focus. Sound familiar?
Digne would be getting regular football if he was at Barca now. Their loss very much our gain.

Just because he didn’t force us way into the team at Barca shouldn’t go against the lad. Barca’s transfer policy has been a right mess in recent years. A scattergun approach to recruitment, with no clear focus. Sound familiar?
Digne would be getting regular football if he was at Barca now. Their loss very much our gain.

No doubt controlled a bit by Messi.

Imagine using "Barca sold him for a reason" as a dig at Lucas. The only reason they sold him was because they could get some cash and had/have one of the best world backs in world football in Jordi Alba.

He's a fantastic player and will only get better with quality around him.

:D

It's absolutely hilarious that anyone questions this lads contribution.
I honestly thought we would NEVER be able to replace Baines. Well maybe not "never" but that we'd have to at least go through 10 or 15 years of decent left backs before signing anyone even close to his level in terms of crafting chances... nope, managed to buy and bed in a like for like replacement before Baines' retirement. Incredible bit of business.

It actually took Baines' longer to get the underlap with goals from open play into his game - Digne was doing that in his debut season.

Digne has been so good for us that he's forced his way back into the French national team.... but we should play him centrally? in order to facilitate a kid that we've just bought and has literally played one game against a league 2 side.

I'd also say I'm surprised that some folks on here think that his defensive contribution is where his value is.
Would've said the weakest part of his game was his defensive positioning (common for an attacking full back), but this has improved dramatically over the last 12 months.

I'm really impressed by what I've seen from him. Good overlapping runs, good offensive game, great at set pieces. That left side is just sexy with him and Richarlison doing work.

I'm really impressed by what I've seen from him. Good overlapping runs, good offensive game, great at set pieces. That left side is just sexy with him and Richarlison doing work.
The left side looked pretty good with two teenagers playing there last night. It’s a pity they can’t play on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.