2018/19 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great signing, but he does on occasion bomb forward too soon, leaving space behind, happened a couple of times yesterday with Salad. Love his application though. Shouldn't have been anywhere near that late free kick either, twas a right footer all day long.

Great signing, but he does on occasion bomb forward too soon, leaving space behind, happened a couple of times yesterday with Salad. Love his application though. Shouldn't have been anywhere near that late free kick either, twas a right footer all day long.

To be fair, that’s not his fault at all, we’ll never get anywhere if we expect our teammates to eff up which is what happened the few times he was exposed far up the pitch. Digne should trust his mates can do the simple things.

Henry Newton a waste of space? He was one of a long line of cultured left backs at Everton... Played very well during his time here.

Pretty sure Henry "the hammer" Newton wasn't a left back! I know its a long time ago but I remember him as a midfielder!

To be fair, that’s not his fault at all, we’ll never get anywhere if we expect our teammates to eff up which is what happened the few times he was exposed far up the pitch. Digne should trust his mates can do the simple things.
I agree to a point, I just think he goes a bit early sometimes, as does half the midfield and defence. It's why we get caught on the break a fair bit. It's just about decision making. Hopefully with a bit more quality next season, he/we won't be in that situation as often.

I agree with you. When we have the possession our players should be positioning themselves to receive and when schnides received that simple pass Digne left Salah so he could receive the ball and put us on the front foot. Schnides messed it up and there lays our problem. Our possession football is not the greatest and our sloppy control and passing causes us problems. If Schnides had controlled the ball and passed to Digne then Liverpool would have been having a go at Salah for not tracking back I suppose.

If Schneiderlin could have properly turned with a ball like a professional he’d have been perfectly positioned and Salahs chance never would have come.

Tbf, the guy has played for Barca, psg, roma and France. He's used to midfielders getting the ball and laying it off quickly. Instead we have midfielders who dwaddle on it too long before getting dispossessed without looking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.