Homepage Update: Lookman’s future unclear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Ferguson

Player Valuation: £225k
Tom Ferguson submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Lookman’s future unclear
lookman-1024x461.jpg

Ademola Lookman put his Everton future into doubt when he refused to rule out staying at RB Leipzig following the expiration of his current loan deal.

The 20-year-old linked up with the German outfit in January in a search for more first team opportunities after Ronald Koeman, David Unsworth and Sam Allardyce only provided the England youth international with a bit-part role in the opening half of the season.

So far, League One’s most expensive export has made nine appearances for Die Bullen since he swapped Goodison for the Red Bull Arena and has repaid Leipzig’s faith by netting two goals and providing one assist.

Allardyce’s decision to sanction Lookman’s temporary departure from the Blues was met with disgruntlement from supporters, so a permanent transfer wouldn’t go down well with Evertonians at all.

In an interview with Bundesliga.com following Leipzig’s 3-0 loss at the hands of Mainz on Sunday evening, Lookman said: “I've been asked this question so many times. My loan is until the end of the season and I'm focused until the end of the season. Whatever happens, happens. It's out of my control.”

For me he's not interested in Everton,

he done an interview a couple of weeks ago,

he was asked would you like to play for a big team like Barca, Bayern, the RS, Man utd,

he replied "i'm at a big club, Leipzig"

I dont get this one, the lad has talent, he has massive headroom for improvement.

But he is by far the finished article, he would do well to get his head down and fulfill his talent and keep his cob shut. He hasnt proven a lot thus far is his career.

To be fair it strikes me as the press constantly him asking a question and him giving a stock answer as not to annoy his current club and the club that owns him.

He has been fairly average for Liepzig and that's being generous.

A player with a bunch of potential no doubt about it but that's all it is for now. If he wants to go then sod him.
He's still not made it into their first 11 and I don't think he will make ours so if he isn't fussed being a sub again then its out on loan until he starts showing some consistency.

I don't think he will make it at the top level. He's got all the talent and the skill but is lacking the positional awareness and decision making that would make him truly top class. I think he will be one of those nearly-was boys ala Rodwell.

For me he's not interested in Everton,

he done an interview a couple of weeks ago,

he was asked would you like to play for a big team like Barca, Bayern, the RS, Man utd,

he replied "i'm at a big club, Leipzig"

If he was smart he would have just left the Liepzig bit out and pleased everybody.

Hardly a glowing recommendation is it?

Actually it's a pretty good recommendation considering one is a kid with plenty of potential and the other is a £25m guy who is at peak age and plenty of premier league experience. Letting him go now would be all kinds of dumb, he's obviously waiting to see who's managing us next season - and I don't blame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.