Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course we showed them respect, if we tried to get it down and pass it around they’d have destroyed us on the break. We haven’t won an away game (let alone a derby of any kind) for nearly a year, they’ve been pretty good this season, we’ve been pretty crap - not sure where you’ve got the ‘we should be winning’ idea from

Exactly! Not a huge fan of Sam but at least he's pragmatic.... there's no place for idealists in football management - not unless you have an incredible squad (a la city). I wonder how Pep or Klopp would get on managing West Ham...

The confidence in the Everton team is ropey at best right now... getting hammered by Liverpool would've been a disaster for the team - even if those tactics resulted in a 1-0 loss, it still would've been the correct way to set up. A team with one of the most porous defenses in the league vs. the team that has probably the most in-form offensive players in Europe... if Roberto was still our manager I'd probably still be in bed following a humiliation on Sunday.

Of course we showed them respect, if we tried to get it down and pass it around they’d have destroyed us on the break. We haven’t won an away game (let alone a derby of any kind) for nearly a year, they’ve been pretty good this season, we’ve been pretty crap - not sure where you’ve got the ‘we should be winning’ idea from

Well mate "We should be winning" hasnt happened for near on 20 years over there. Id rather have a go and get f#cked 6-0 then watch that pragmatic sh#te

Well mate "We should be winning" hasnt happened for near on 20 years over there. Id rather have a go and get f#cked 6-0 then watch that pragmatic sh#te
We’ve tried to play ‘football’ at their place before, the season we finished 4th and got battered 4-0. This was a team full of players playing with confidence. Sunday as disappointing as the performance was, was the right way to approach the game. A 6-0 drubbing by any team is unthinkable, let alone the RS. Considering we’ve got the cup tie in 3 weeks, a hammering on Sunday, would have destroyed any confidence we had going into that game.

Really? You'd rather have had whatever semblance of confidence that's been built into the team with the previous 3 results wiped away?

If we had been battered on Sunday - I'd be very worried about tonight's game. After getting something out of Anfield, I fancy us to go out an play tonight - and win.

That result is also a nice foundation to build on for the FA cup tie.... a 6-0 loss wouldn't have been.

Language warning for this resulted in a ban.

Really? You'd rather have had whatever semblance of confidence that's been built into the team with the previous 3 results wiped away?

If we had been battered on Sunday - I'd be very worried about tonight's game. After getting something out of Anfield, I fancy us to go out an play tonight - and win.

That result is also a nice foundation to build on for the FA cup tie.... a 6-0 loss wouldn't have been.
Agree

Maybe I'm being a bit naive here, but I have a feeling that if we have a decent festive period then we'll set-up quite differently against them in the cup.

They'll be preparing for us to set up the exact same way - would be fantastic if we were able to use this to our advantage.

Just wish we had the players to have a go! Perhaps we have, there must be a decent team in that squad, just need to get the format right? HEY HO!!!

Dont understand why we are happy with a f#cking draw. We show them too much respect we should be winning there not over moon for drawing.

Yeap, I was expecting four nil to Everton as Liverpool's defence is absolutely dire. Hopefully a touch more belief is required in the cup game next month.

I’d rather get a point by playing defensive than get embarrassed by trying to outplay them

Bingo. Some people talk like this is the 80’s when you could get away with legitimate two footers and tackles from the behind. Any rash tackles will be punished severely. Keep 11 on the pitch, waste time, take as long as possible over goal kicks, throws in etc and utilise smart “tactical fouls”. It’s basically the blueprint from Mourinho in 13/14 at Anfield. No slippy G today unfortunately, but the tactics should help us a get a point, which is a fanastic proposition.

Precognition oracular

Status
Not open for further replies.