Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you see as fear, I see as self preservation. Fans have had enough of being let down in derbies so write them off. If anything, it's fear of disappointment, not fear of Liverpool.

Spot on mate. Historically over nearly 20 years and when looking at more more recent evidence, what exactly do we have to be confident about going into Sunday? End of the day this is just another fixture out of 38 and only three points maximum are available, but it’s still unfair to be critical of blues who haven’t been given any bragging rights for a long time due to totally inept and tepid performances in this fixture. A few months down the line at Goodison, or even in the FA Cup game, after hopefully some really consistent improvement (not just two games against relegation fodder) then we can go into this game with some optimism. Sunday comes too soon for that.

Objectively speaking as well, if Liverpool weren’t our mortal and local enemy I think some blues would be much more honest and conciliatory about them for Sunday. They’re in great form, we’re in decent form. We go in as massive underdogs and quite frankly a point would be a fantastic result.

This could be called off if the predicted weather is anything like true.

Either way it's to our advantage: rearranged fixture allows us to get Allardyce bedded in more and his defensive system and sees them past their purple patch; it goes ahead and any disruption to usual playing standards like a hard pitch or snow showers and it might affect their game more than ours. If you're favourite, you want perfect conditions with nothing to intervene and complicate matters.

Short version of the above: Jesus loves Everton.
You're likely to be a bit longer in the tooth than me, if Jesus Did, he's long forgotten us since the 80's which I never truly experienced :/

Spot on mate. Historically over nearly 20 years and when looking at more more recent evidence, what exactly do we have to be confident about going into Sunday? End of the day this is just another fixture out of 38 and only three points maximum are available, but it’s still unfair to be critical of blues who haven’t been given any bragging rights for a long time due to totally inept and tepid performances in this fixture. A few months down the line at Goodison, or even in the FA Cup game, after hopefully some really consistent improvement (not just two games against relegation fodder) then we can go into this game with some optimism. Sunday comes too soon for that.

Objectively speaking as well, if Liverpool weren’t our mortal and local enemy I think some blues would be much more honest and conciliatory about them for Sunday. They’re in great form, we’re in decent form. We go in as massive underdogs and quite frankly a point would be a fantastic result.
Cue all the kopite shouts. But if we were playing some of the football the RS are dishing up at the moment I'd be well happy. And too right, I'd happily take a hard earned point on Sunday.

Reactions: JLW

Status
Not open for further replies.