Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marco Silva was 22 the last we won there Stevo.

Yup mate, but honestly I don't think any of him or the players will give a flying one about prior managers and players combined going in with a get out alive mindset.

Come Sunday we'll likely have only two players in the starting 11 who've ever played in a losing league derby game, Gueye and Coleman, and not even sure if Colemans played more than once at the pit in 9 years.

Gueye for me doesnt seem the type to suddenly wilt either - manager certainly won't be afraid or preaching about trying to scrape s draw.

Style and system and personnel wise we will cause them major problems.

Unless you believe we will never ever win at that pit again, then it's as perfect as time as any to go beat them

Yup mate, but honestly I don't think any of him or the players will give a flying one about prior managers and players combined going in with a get out alive mindset.

Come Sunday we'll likely have only two players in the starting 11 who've ever played in a losing league derby game, Gueye and Coleman, and not even sure if Colemans played more than once at the pit in 9 years.

Gueye for me doesnt seem the type to suddenly wilt either - manager certainly won't be afraid or preaching about trying to scrape s draw.

Style and system and personnel wise we will cause them major problems.

Unless you believe we will never ever win at that pit again, then it's as perfect as time as any to go beat them

I keep seeing posts and people say stuff like this and it is all true.

We ARE better. Way better than we were.

But I’ve barely seen anyone say they are really good. It’s crap to say but they have really really good players just about everywhere. They’re a better team than us.

But despite all that, even if we had the better line up, they had injuries to everyone, I still wouldn’t be confident going there.

We never win there.

The thing is over the years we've had the pressure on us in these games whereas this derby is different in that its all on them.

My only fear is they have the firepower to get a slight 1-0 / 2-1 win.

How I wish we had Rom back.

Walcott Siggurdsson Richarlison

Lukaku

If only we had a good centre forward I would be confident of winning this but think at best we'll get a draw.

I keep seeing posts and people say stuff like this and it is all true.

We ARE better. Way better than we were.

But I’ve barely seen anyone say they are really good. It’s crap to say but they have really really good players just about everywhere. They’re a better team than us.

But despite all that, even if we had the better line up, they had injuries to everyone, I still wouldn’t be confident going there.

We never win there.

They're obviously a very good team with some exceptional players, thing is mate I've seen them enough this season to see that by and large they are looking not 'that' good. And generally their results have flattered them in the league.

They'll finish 15-20 points off city again at least this season.

Can they beat us, obviously they can and if they suddenly click then they likely will do, but this season they aren't looking the same explosive team as they did last year.

Similarly we have a front three that if it embraces the game and puts it shooting boots on can do them real damage.

As a neutral, but with a soft spot for the Toffees, hope you get a good result on Sunday.
Some of you may know of the website I run called Football Cities? With three local Derbies this weekend (two in Londom) we have chosen your match as our match of the week. as we consider your historical rivalry the more interesting.
We have produced a mini head to head between you two Liverpool clubs on our facebook page.
If you want to take a look, the link (mods permitting) is www.footballcities.co.uk then click onto the facebook connection.
Enjoy the match.

They're obviously a very good team with some exceptional players, thing is mate I've seen them enough this season to see that by and large they are looking not 'that' good. And generally their results have flattered them in the league.

They'll finish 15-20 points off city again at least this season.

Can they beat us, obviously they can and if they suddenly click then they likely will do, but this season they aren't looking the same explosive team as they did last year.

Similarly we have a front three that if it embraces the game and puts it shooting boots on can do them real damage.

Despite playing waaaaay better at the bigger teams than many a recent year this time round we still haven’t beaten one.

And I just can’t see it being this weekend at a team we never beat.

I really hope it’s me who is shocked this weekend but there’s a reason they are unbeaten (in the league) and we are not.

I refuse to be confident about this match. There’s literally no reason for me to be.

Despite playing waaaaay better at the bigger teams than many a recent year this time round we still haven’t beaten one.

And I just can’t see it being this weekend at a team we never beat.

I really hope it’s me who is shocked this weekend but there’s a reason they are unbeaten (in the league) and we are not.

I refuse to be confident about this match. There’s literally no reason for me to be.

Remember when an utterly gash Everton team ended arsenal's 30 game unbeaten streak mate, also remember the other year we ended there record playing on a Tuesday night or some such which was another silly long record of never losing. Given our history of losing badly against them routinely, both where huge shocks no one would have thought possible, same as when Oviedo scored the winner at old Trafford etc.

Few things to think about.
The longer they go unbeaten then statistically the odds of them losing the next one stack up.
The lord get the dodge a loss through a dodgy decision, then Eve tuslky the odds will run out.
The longer we go without beating them, the nearer the end of that steak becomes.

We have a team and a manager who pretty much all don't have the baggage of prior manager and teams bottling these games.
They played a very tough game mid week. We resed to prepare.
They have a fan base so used to dominating this game that any reversal will see them panicking big time.
We are improving week in week out and for the first derby in recent memory have a fully fitted starting eleven.
Henderson is out - which in this game is actually a big plus for us, similarly Coleman for only the second time in ten years will play Anfield derby.

Not only confident in this game, but also aware that when a winning streak goes pop it usually goes big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.