Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Biggest Waste of Space Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the average age of our team for the derby was 26, whilst the average age of Liverpool’s ‘kids’ was 24. 2 years difference between the teams..

Man United fielded a team with the same average age (24) when they beat Brighton 3-1 in November. Brighton’s team that day had an average age of 26.1 and Chelsea beat Palace 2-0 with an average age of 24.3 v 30.1.

The team we put out for the cup game was one of our oldest teams of the season. We average 25.6 and are one of the youngest sides in the league..

We actually fielded our youngest team of the season for the derby at Anfield in the league. The teams were further apart in terms of age aswell (Liverpool 28.5 v Everton 25.0)

Not making excuses for a woeful performance but the idea that the difference in age between the teams was anything remarkable, is an absolute myth.

Apparently the average age of our team for the derby was 26, whilst the average age of Liverpool’s ‘kids’ was 24. 2 years difference between the teams..

View attachment 76073

Man United fielded a team with the same average age (24) when they beat Brighton 3-1 in November. Brighton’s team that day had an average age of 26.1 and Chelsea beat Palace 2-0 with an average age of 24.3 v 30.1.

The team we put out for the cup game was one of our oldest teams of the season. We average 25.6 and are one of the youngest sides in the league..

View attachment 76074

We actually fielded our youngest team of the season for the derby at Anfield in the league. The teams were further apart in terms of age aswell (Liverpool 28.5 v Everton 25.0)
View attachment 76075
View attachment 76076

Not making excuses for a woeful performance but the idea that the difference in age between the teams was anything remarkable, is an absolute myth.

Assume this calculation includes Milner who is about 50, and was replaced by an 18 year old in the first 10.

Still a load of kids though who showed our first team up for the bunch of bottling losers they are. I'd take their kids giving that fight every week than the limp d***s we have playing for us.

Its not really like, 3 of them were under 22. Their team included 5 internationals, a Premier League winner, FA Cup winner, Champions League winners, World Club Cup winners, Super Cup winners and a couple of League Cup and Europa League runners up medals.

Ours included an FA Cup winner and the Icelandic Sportsperson of the year 2013 & 2016.

Yes but the average age of Milner, Adrian, Elliot and Williams is 25 which sort of shows up your maths a bit. Having 3 30 somethings in there raises that average but it actually makes things worse in my eyes. They had a 34 year old who got replaced by an 18 year old, sounds better when you say their average age is 26

We got beat by a team with Kids and Old People with a couple of 'normals' in there

The main problem is nothing to do with age is that we got outfought by a team of players with very little experience, 7 of their players have probably played less than 10 top flight games.

Yes but the average age of Milner, Adrian, Elliot and Williams is 25 which sort of shows up your maths a bit. Having 3 30 somethings in there raises that average but it actually makes things worse in my eyes. They had a 34 year old who got replaced by an 18 year old, sounds better when you say their average age is 26

We got beat by a team with Kids and Old People with a couple of 'normals' in there

The main problem is nothing to do with age is that we got outfought by a team of players with very little experience, 7 of their players have probably played less than 10 top flight games.

Like a bit of maths although i can't say I'm good at it-

Mean average age Everton - 26yrs
MAD (Average number of years per player away from the mean) - 3yrs.

Lpool - 23yrs (MAD 4).

Lpool were a younger team but also had a larger MAD, fielding both very young (16 - Elliott) and very old players (34 - Milner). Exclude Milner from the maths and the numbers remain the same.

Lpool combined player age below average - 28

Everton combined player age below average - 20

After all that I can say that we lost to an on average younger team (albeit with a higher mean absolute deviation). Whether three years is significant depends on your viewpoint. Unfortunately they were better in the game than Everton. The age difference is not massive. But the lpool team were not their strongest team regardless of age.

that's disappointing.

Inappropriate Language
My first everton game was back in 1970 as a 10 year old kid in european cup against brouscer monchengladbach. In monchengladbach I have followed everton ever since best times in 80s leagues fa cup and even in Rotterdam .I have seen the good times and the not so good times ie Coventry at home to stay up etc. But I can honestly say I have never witnessed a display like the second half against redshite kids.honestly think Carlos has to big a job here to turn it around we are in serious danger of going down I would only keep out of that side richy dcl mina digna bernard holgate but not on derby showing. Pickford worse keeper we have had to small thinks he is world class.i could go on but hope Carlos big dunc get it right cos I think we going down

My first everton game was back in 1970 as a 10 year old kid in european cup against brouscer monchengladbach. In monchengladbach I have followed everton ever since best times in 80s leagues fa cup and even in Rotterdam .I have seen the good times and the not so good times ie Coventry at home to stay up etc. But I can honestly say I have never witnessed a display like the second half against redshite kids.honestly think Carlos has to big a job here to turn it around we are in serious danger of going down I would only keep out of that side richy dcl mina digna bernard holgate but not on derby showing. Pickford worse keeper we have had to small thinks he is world class.i could go on but hope Carlos big dunc get it right cos I think we going down

Lol

Squirrel !

Status
Not open for further replies.