Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Biggest Waste of Space Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a point I hate to see

No that Liverpool team wouldn't beat others in the league whatsoever. Given their cm is 21 and nowhere near the first team is not a testimony on his quality but how much he lacks.

The majority of their young players on the pitch yesterday will be playing lower league football in the next 3-4 years (age depending).

They beat us because of how badly we played. Because of how badly those two in the middle were , of how isolated our attack was. They beat us because we didn't have a midfield to pass to, to win the ball back with and get the ball to our attackers.

We lost because our defenders panicked every single time they couldn't see a blue shirt in front of them and passed it around inviting pressure. When the CMS did get the ball they gave it back to them repeating the cycle.

That Liverpool team isn't the second coming of fergies super team. Another team yesterday would win comfortably.

We lost because of how badly some of those on the pitch were. Both as footballers and tactically. The kopite kids weren't technically better , they simply had no pressure at all on them. They had all the time in the world to play the ball and acres of space everytime they did. Compared to us who were down to 9 men effectively.
In truth, much of what you're suggesting is a coaching issue. The opposition looked a well-coached side with a clear plan across the 90. The second half was testament to this. What's also true is that this set of footballers are now onto a third manager this season; it's little wonder that a more settled better coached opponent will look in better shape at this stage. As the match wore on, this became more obvious.

What would going on social media achieve apart from inviting the vitriol of angry fans? It's hardly a platform for reasoned discussion and debate.

If you follow any of the players, believe me normally when we lose they are on, posting pictures with captions, Wasn't meant to be, we go again next week, onwards and upwards etc etc. Its the norm
The defeat this week and total silence

Sell to buy? Jesus tonight. No it’s not

We'd be naive to think there's going to be huge amounts of money whilst a new stadium is being built. I think we've probably got this summer's transfer window to get this on track before we see a reduction in the spending.

In truth, much of what you're suggesting is a coaching issue. The opposition looked a well-coached side with a clear plan across the 90. The second half was testament to this. What's also true is that this set of footballers are now onto a third manager this season; it's little wonder that a more settled better coached opponent will look in better shape at this stage. As the match wore on, this became more obvious.
Could well be a factor as well. Ancelotti hasn't had any time on the training ground with them since he arrived.

I just think those two in the middle weren't doing the basics of that role. They know what a cm does even if it's not their preferred position. So failing to tackle, break play up, move , pass forward etc. That's basics taught as kids.

It's not an excuse any all , we should be embarrassed by that performance, well the players should. But it has to signal the end of their time here , we can't afford to have players who can't / won't adapt their game slightly when required.

Mate ancelotti hasn’t come to well to buy ffs we don’t have to and won’t ye shift some earners off the books but not sell to buy

I'm sure there will be money available in the immediate future. Just think sooner rather than later we will look to be a bit more prudent. Very important we have a good transfer window next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.