Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Biggest Waste of Space Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching the "highlights" (again) on the telly and cannot believe how poor we were. I can only put it down to the Anfield factor.
First half there were chances which, if converted, would have killed the game. Even in the second half, we blootered opportunities high and wide.
But just watching the likes of Sidibe and Digne passing straight to the enemy when under no pressure leads me to believe there's a huge lack of confidence when we go to that place.
How can this be, their not evertonians let's be real bar a few, how does that piece of turf carry as much significance to them as it does us fans? If there was 11 die-hard evertonians Everytime I would agree confidence is a major factor. But it's just a stadium to most of our players, how does it really hold such significance to them? Half of them probably see man u, Chelsea and other ilk as bigger scalps.

I don't have the answers but I refuse to write it off to well it's anfield any evertonian would bottle it because of past results and lukaku's mum tier of voodoo.

Our players aren't that emotional to be affected by that kind of thing if they was we surely would have seen a few more bookings yesterday out of pure frustration, I'm pretty sure every blue was wanting to rip someone's face off on that pitch, where's that response from the players? I mean ffs 23-25-28-33 age vs literal teenagers. Put some challenges in early on they're children almost literally, how can't you command respect?

Wish it was rant over but it's circles, need a clear out. Most of our players quite literally are content losers, 2nd placers, maybe rans, could have beens.

Max 5 players in our fit 11 that deserve even a hint of staying. Richarlison holgate DCL. The other 2-3 is up in the air.

Midfield is absolutely disgusting obviously needs complete overhaul can't bank on two players coming back from heavy extended injuries fixing it. Need to assume both Gomes and gbammin (wrong I know) are finished and replace. Cannot rely on them only to realize next January they're not coming back to full form and are forced to buy In January.

This seasons a write off, almost hidden by Duncan's revival. But we all watched those matches, we won on PASHUN alone really,

Even though I'm not surprised... I still don't understand that second half? We should have been 2 or 3 up, looked dangerous everytime we went forward. What the hell happened? Were completely dominated the 2nd half. I'm not surprised but I'm still in a state of shock over how bad it was.

Fitness levels? I don't know...still trying to come to terms with it.

Back to reality again now, Dunc managed to get some energy and passion out the players and crowd for a few games, it’s been slow and pedestrian for a couple of games now, we must play the slowest football in the PL if not the leagues below too.
Every time the ball went to Coleman, Mina or Delph you could guarantee it was going to end up straight back at Pickford.
I just wish we had someone who looks forward.

Granted I did not go and have not seen the game at all, but that is still a big claim to say it was the worst of all derby losses. Really? I could list a lot of terrible derby losses which would be hard to beat in terms of embarrassment. One was 5-0.

To each their own mate and that was a bad one, that one was against Rush/Dalglish and co, was it ?
If not it was a Liverpool first team. Last night's defeat was against a reserve team with what I would class as one first team starter Gomes. Three or four squad players and the rest kids, Everton last night made us a laughing stock and for me that defeat was the worst ever against any team.

Just like if we had won and Reds everywhere would try to accompany that with a "BuT iT wAs OuR yOuTh SqUaD," all in all it would have just gone down as a win. All in all, we need to move on from this as a loss is a loss and we cannot afford the mental slip this will cause. Europa League spot is still a possibility.

Just like if we had won and Reds everywhere would try to accompany that with a "BuT iT wAs OuR yOuTh SqUaD," all in all it would have just gone down as a win. All in all, we need to move on from this as a loss is a loss and we cannot afford the mental slip this will cause. Europa League spot is still a possibility.

Couldn't give a frig about Europa league.

We humiliated ourselves and we are 25 years without a trophy. A pathetic irrelevant club who keep getting worse

Status
Not open for further replies.