Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Biggest Waste of Space Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
World beaters?

I can remember when we beat Middlesbrough at home 4 nil and my mate was bragging to kopites saying it was like watching Brazil in the 1970 world cup. We probably lost the next game.

We were 2nd or 3rd in 2005 and my workmates were laughing at Kopites saying it was a position only Liverpool fans could dream of. We went the game together and got beat at home by an average Spurs team.

We all know what happened in 2005.

We win a few games back to back against teams lower down in the league and there's talk of power shifts. Its embarrassing.

Sounds almost of bad as some of our fans coming out with us winning the transfer window every summer.

If anything this game should have brought some of our fans back down to earth with a massive reality check that we are poorer than any Everton that has played for this club previously and there is a lot of hard work to do.

Understand your response, but what's been our excuse for the last 30 years?

Zero ambition at the club on all levels.
Which has led to rubbish managerial appointments which has led to rubbish players being signed bar a few notable exceptions. Moyes did the best he could for a while and then obviously we weren't going to advance any further under him yet stuck to what was familiar. Then after the Moyes era just scatter gun flavour of the month managers given war chests and just flunking them.

So yeah we are still reeling from that.
Now we have an ambitious chairman who wants to take us to new levels. But he is an idiot with an ego.
But bringing in Brands, Ancelloti and the building of the new stadium. Shows that the pieces are all falling into place and that the ambition is there. We are still just currently reeling from the last 30years

The new era must begin from the ashes of this loss and the new era of ambition shall roll. Next season will see us shake the club to the core and then rebuild from that

Keep on hearing that it's going to take time but it feels to me like we've gone backwards since Big Dunc has stopped managing us. We've certainly lost all of the passion he instilled.
Exactly A clip of Functional into Carlo advice early on the 2nd half-and-half Los just looking to blank was worrying - Carlo has time , but he needs rienforcements quickly.....

I've recorded the match and haven't seen it yet. It started at 3.00am here. I came to where I left GOT last night to read a bit of pre match stuff.

You know, see the teams and that, and then go and make a cup of coffee and watch it.

I got up to the match about to start page and still haven't seen the teams, just a lot of whinging about them putting out a weak side and disrespecting us.

The reason I'm telling you this is because it's been completely ruined for me because someone thought it would be clever to change the best player
poll to 'Biggest waste of space'. I assume that we didn't win and probably lost. Thanks.
If that is the worst thing that has happened to you today then wait until you see the game.

I've recorded the match and haven't seen it yet. It started at 3.00am here. I came to where I left GOT last night to read a bit of pre match stuff.

You know, see the teams and that, and then go and make a cup of coffee and watch it.

I got up to the match about to start page and still haven't seen the teams, just a lot of whinging about them putting out a weak side and disrespecting us.

The reason I'm telling you this is because it's been completely ruined for me because someone thought it would be clever to change the best player
poll to 'Biggest waste of space'. I assume that we didn't win and probably lost. Thanks.

If I had the choice between watching that shambles and finding out like this, I'd choose the latter.

Nice quick kill, shot to the head.

There will be many more days as dark as this as Ancelotti rebuilds our club. All we can do is get behind him and get behind the players. We need a few years of stability now. Sacking him will achieve nothing.

The players did not Carlo. If we’d of scored one of the Chances we would of won

The blame falls at the players feet.

12 minutes gone and the two best chances had fallen to Calvert-Lewin and Holgate. One - if not both - should have scored. You put any of the RS forwards in those positions and it's easily 2-0.

It would have been a very different game, and we could and should have won it.

Status
Not open for further replies.