Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Biggest Waste of Space Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What has angered me the most is that their team didn't look great: it lacked their usual discipline (clear and obvious ranks within 4-3-3) and style of play.

Add to that, some of the players, namely Phillips, looked very uncomfortable in and out of possession, but we didn't have the desire to exploit him (or others) at all.

I wonder if we had set up wide to neutralise their typical full back play, that wasn't actually there today, hence why we seemed to look unable to win in the centre.

They won the breakdowns, the loose ball and when in possession we looked laboured and they harried us; on the other hand, we didn't press near enough.

Gylfi and Morgan as a pair were far too slow and laboured and yes some may argue that one look legged and the other unfit, but this was against a child XI.

Additionally, yes we had our chances in the first half and it could have been a different story, but it wasn't: Holgate should've scored and Walcott's chance was poor.

After that, the second half lacked any direction, composure and tenacity: again, they wanted the ball and looked comfortable on it whereas it was hot potato for us.

None of the substitutions made any impact and Delph's signing looks more and more horrendous each and every week. Kean... looked lost again.

Pickford's kicking was always either too long or short, the pathetic attempt at passing out from the back was mind-boggling, and the forward line disappeared.

Oh and my little caveat, whoever threw the seat from the top of the Anfield Road into your own fans stood below, narrowly missing my head, k'off!

And you are still a tit :) and obviously have difficulty reading a reply, but I'll try again. Milner, Origi and Lallana are the reserves, they are not first teamer's, do you agree ?
Gomes as the only first teamer agreed ? Then there were seven kids. Can't put it any planner. Bed mate.
I wont bother making an argument because I'm not sure you are intellectually capable.

I understand Sandro cost well less but when you produce actual 0 your return on investment is 0. Sigurdsson as bad as he has been as produced some number above 0. It might be like .0005 but still his return is higher than Sandro's actual 0.

Point being we have a lot of crap to choose from.

At this rate, it’ll take 3 seasons from now to see a good solid side, minimum !

Sneiderlin, Sigurdson, Delph - hang your heads in shame.

You walked around and played your spineless, gutless, lethargic role to utter perfection and straight into their hands.

Not once would you turn and face their goal, always backwards, always sideways.

You are an utter disgrace - get out of my club.

I'm sick of posters on here giving Davies, Coleman, Holgate a hard time - one of them is worth all three of that shower. Why? Because they have some pride and they try.

All of them deserve a hard time today. Sigurdsson and Holgate, Coleman and Schneiderlin etc etc. All of them who played.

Where was the pride today from ANY of them?

Fair play to those Liverpool kids today. They toyed with us. Once they scored we could barely get the ball back. Our performance was everything I expected and maybe even less. I'd say I'm embarrassed they wear the shirt but that implies I even care that much anymore. Nothing surprises me. When you think you've hit rock bottom we will find a way to go further down.
They controlled the 2nd half. No doubt about it. We were totally abject in that 2nd half. Never mind that we shouldve been at least 2 up. We couldn't deal with the press and their fitness and desire. Shameful really. Put a few tackles in, and turn their defence. Long ball, play in their half at least. Its not rocket science. Instead we persisted in messing about near our own area. And.....we were even worse when we went behind!

What a disgrace. If we'd approached the second half in a way that even came close to how we did in the first, I'd have had not too many complaints - we were looking lively, putting in the effort, making chances (albeit not putting them away). But that second half attitude was beyond awful... even forgetting who we were playing, it was a great chance to progress in the cup (or at the very worst force a replay). It was the lack of passion/effort that was the hardest to take. At least Carlo can be under no illusions as to the extent of the root & branch this squad needs.

We should have been at least two goals up at half time and out of sight. Then in the second half we were made to look extremely poor.
What exactly was said to the players at half time? Can't have been anything inspiring. There was no fight, no aggression, no leadership, no passion.

It was absolute dog sh*t.

At this rate, it’ll take 3 seasons from now to see a good solid side, minimum !
I'd like to think Carlo can improve the guys like Mina, Richarlison and Dom who might have the ability to make it and we can add enough good players to maybe be good by 2021-2022.

Forget it. Start again from tomorrow. It works for me. We are what we are and it will take 2 years to get it right. We will keep filling the ground and the away fans will fill their allocation and so it goes. We should finish in the top 12 and hopefully a lot of players will go after May. Those we cannot sell, we can terminate their contracts, and the Championship downwards can take a few of the others for free.

As has been said before it’s the hope that kills you. All this today and in other matches has to be the fault of the recruitment last summer. It was a mess. We have had two awful windows in Moshiris time - the three No.10 window and last summer. Where were the conversations that need to be “what if X gets injured?” “Who can fit in here?”. No rhyme or reason to them. That needs to change going forward and we need to squad build not just team build. Hate Everton at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.