• Everton

Votes: 146 39.7%
  • No one

Votes: 79 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How were we solid when they kept breaking through us, we got away with conceding 1. Not having it, the result has diminished the true performance.

Hey if it makes you feel better though. I know what I watched and it wasn't pretty!!

I meant solid by our standards set so far this season.

Their were no ridiculous clearences, back passes, players getting mugged etc...

We didn't deserve a point, not in the slightest. They had a lot of clear cut chances, lady luck shined our way today.
40ScoOc.jpg

That was certainly true with neville and moyes. Glad our captain doesn't go running up to tv cameras and his interview after the game was also classy unlike stevie me
Yea there is that but I would love our team to have a bit of snide. Mirallas has it, Coleman and Barry have a bit and I have high hopes for Besic plus I hope Lukaku develops that too.

Frankly all top class winning teams have it.

Lost playing good attractive football, give over, we passed it around the back line, as soon as they pressured us we went to pot.

Take off the Blue tint, we are not playing well at all, there is no cohesion and no creativity.

Barkley needs to come back sooner rather than later, we are missing him massively!

Agree, Less playing around the back line, great for build up play if we convert our chances, but playing around at the back doesnt create too many of late

Seemed to me the only "tactic" we had going forward especially after Kev and his paper hamstrings went down was to get the ball and try to launch something to Rom. Clearly those were the instructions given by Martinez. He's a great outlet but not on the right and not all the time. Hopefully Martinez now knows to get rid of his silliness and play Rom through the middle. Also, how class does Eto'o look every time he comes on? Would like to see the pair of them play up front together for more than 10 minutes at some point. Bring back the 4-4-2!

Would also like to see Besic and McCarthy run the midfield for a bit without Barry. That's the future, but it could also be the present. Liked what I saw from Besic for the most part today.

Palace fans everywhere say;

SMASH DEEZ BLERTS. 3-1 to the splendid men in Blue.
Huge uproar on the Upper Holmesdale concourse pre game at Selhurst when Jags rocket went in. Many cheering and applauding, me punching the air whilst jumping into 6'6" bloke and spilling his tea for him.Luckily he was almost as pleased as me.
Imagine if it had been Hibbo! (the scorer not the bloke with the tea......)

The ball was thundered at Barry from 2 yards away and it hit underneath his armpit - a joke of a pen claim!

His arms were above his head, not a natural position, it was a penalty. A blatant penalty and you would scream from the roof tops if gerrard did it in the other area. Be real ffs.

Can't say I disagree with any of that.
Only if you are looking at the negatives.

Lukaku missed a great chance and should have had a penalty. Baines was through and only had to cut it back for a tap in. We had more possession away from home. Apart from the two Balotelli chances they created nothing and scored from a free kick Howard should have saved.

We where away from home and a draw was a fair and decent result. What we needed to make sure didn't happen was that we a) where hammered b) conceded alot of goals given the media pressure on our defense. Even if Jags didn't score it wouldn't have been the end of the world.

Only if you are looking at the negatives.

Lukaku missed a great chance and should have had a penalty. Baines was through and only had to cut it back for a tap in. We had more possession away from home. Apart from the two Balotelli chances they created nothing and scored from a free kick Howard should have saved.

We where away from home and a draw was a fair and decent result. What we needed to make sure didn't happen was that we a) where hammered b) conceded alot of goals given the media pressure on our defense. Even if Jags didn't score it wouldn't have been the end of the world.
Yeah, but if you count that Baines opportunity as a chance, because he only has to make one final pass, the same goes for that other lot. I normally am a very positive person, I really am, but I just think we got terrible lucky today to get anything to show for.

Status
Not open for further replies.