Liverpool at Anfield or Utd at Old Trafford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delph got booked for a challenge where he got the ball, yet the rule is different when it’s a keeper inside the box? No consistency (and that’s even if he did get the ball)
Thats exactly it. Delph got a lot of the ball, but went through the player. Lloris might have gotten a tiny touch and took out Richarlison. I dont understand how Delph got a yellow and Lloris got a pat on the back for being a good keeper. The refs are just trash.

Still for me the biggest issue was not waiting until the ball was dead before checking for the penalty.
Richarlison has a pretty much an open goal when he got up after the challenge by Lloris with just defender to lift the ball over as the keeper was in no mans land.
Yes this is a sitation that they haven't considered , they let the forward continue before raising an offside flag , but they don't let him continue before blowing for a foul .

I personally think the Ref made the right call when you see it back on the screen though off course before the check i thought Pen, but i want to know what would have happened if Rich didnt pick the ball up, and put the ball in the net, for then the Ref to go and overturn it

And that's a penalty all day long, Mason wouldn't have even asked Cavanagh to look at the video he would have just instructed him to give it.

And that my friends sums up in a nutshell exactly why football is forever [Poor language removed]
Jon Moss was the VAR and it's Chris Kavanagh. Otherwise, spot on!!!

Still for me the biggest issue was not waiting until the ball was dead before checking for the penalty.
Richarlison has a pretty much an open goal when he got up after the challenge by Lloris with just defender to lift the ball over as the keeper was in no mans land.
100%... it was by no means a tap in but Richarlson has often scored from that kind of position..

Reactions: JLW
And that's a penalty all day long, Mason wouldn't have even asked Cavanagh to look at the video he would have just instructed him to give it.

And that my friends sums up in a nutshell exactly why football is forever [Poor language removed]
A cursory google search shows several occasions where the RS and Man Utd have been on the wrong end of various VAR decisions, including penalty decision overturns, while playing at home.

Win some, lose some but the "If it was at Anfield...." stuff is easily disproven.

I personally think the Ref made the right call when you see it back on the screen though off course before the check i thought Pen, but i want to know what would have happened if Rich didnt pick the ball up, and put the ball in the net, for then the Ref to go and overturn it
This actually. Pen or no pen was a 50/50 call, if it were Pickford I'd be livid if the refs called a foul on him there in the same situation.

What made this situation worse was that the foul was called so play had to stop, when Richy was still in very good position.

I'm still astounded at the whole omnishambles of the pen yesterday.

I just don't get how it's not given, he touched the ball garbage is farcical - he fouled richarlison, end of story. Then add all the var rubbish, and moss abdicating all responsibility and not doing his job, and the nonsense is multiplied.

That decision is given to the top four every day - Christ, if the roles were swapped and it was Pickford taking out kane like that yesterday, then spurs get a pen, 100%.

Sick of officials ruining matches and showing zero consistency.

It's just (another) ridiculous rule. VAR will only consider it if it was a 'clear and obvious' error. That's very subjective and it could be argued that, if the ref saw the incident (as opposed to something happening behind his back) then it can't have been 'clear & obvious. Rules like this, and many of the other ones, just lead to a perception (rightly or wrongly) of a big club bias. Incidentally, was yesterday's decision more clear and obvious than the non-awarded penalty against Man U in the derby?

Ref gives it.
Var reviews.
Ref checks 3 times it looked like.
So he should stick with original decision.
Pretty much this.

I think refs should get 1 view from each available camera angle played at normal speed.

No pauses, no rewinds. No frame by frame advance.

If you can't spot your own mistake, decision stands.

The biggest balls up was not letting play advance for a couple of seconds. Once he's killed the attack, the pen really should stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.