Line up for the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluematty84

Player Valuation: £500k
From the players now available, what would be your formation and starting line ups be to get us out of this mess.

For me:

—————--Pickford—————
Coleman Keane Branthwaite Godfrey
Doucoure Allan Gomes
Gordon DCL Richarlison

I would use gray as an impact sub or bring him and move Richarlison to centre as neccessary depening on DCL’s injury situation.

This is by no means me suggesting that I trust this 11. Gomes can be shocking, Coleman is finished at premier-league level and Keane is as dodgy as they come.

However, this team offers some solidity for balls coming into the box, offers some protection for the back 4 and for as bad as he can be, offers someone in gomes capable of taking a pass and moving the ball between the lines which is something we are desperately missing.

I am open to others inputs, but I am really struggling to find any 11 that gives me any confidence of getting out of this.

1647264277526.jpeg

Dunno how you can drop Gordon

I don't really want to myself.

I think that's the strongest team at the moment on paper but Gordon is one of the only ones displaying the attitude.

Think he might have more of an impact coming off the bench but always pleased to have him on the pitch.

If you are going by this season, Gray has shown far more than Gordon.

Gordon needs to actually start scoring some goals and making assists if he wants to be considered a good premier league player.

He's the only one consistently giving 6+/10 performances.

Pickford
Patterson
Branthwaite
Godfrey
Mykolenko
Allan
Doucure
Van Der Beek
Gordon
Richy
Gray

Subs
Begovic
Kenny
Alli
DCL
Rondon
Welch
Onyango
Price
Dobbin

Mina back in when fit (hahahaha hahahaha), move Godfrey to lb/bench.

Bin the dossers like Keane, holgate, Delph, Gomes, Rondon, use the kids and let Coleman finish his career with a modicum of dignity by not playing him again.

Hard one this because they're all crap

At home I'd probably go with:
Picko
Coleman -- Holgate -- Godfrey -- Mykolenko
Allan -- VdB -- Doucoure
Richarlison -------------------------- Gray
DCL​

Away I'd go

Picko
Branthwaite -- Keane -- Godfrey
Patterson --------------------------------- Mykolenko
Allan -- VdB
Alli
Richarlison​

Play deep because Keane has no pace. No point playing DCL in these kind of games since he can only really do it from a cross.

Of course no sicknote Mina. Gordon doesn't get in solely because Gray and Richi are better. If DCL is cryarsing Richi up front Gordon on the wing.

The fact that Holgate, Keane and Coleman are still getting games here says it all.

I'd start with

Kenny Braithwaite Holgate Godfrey
Doucs Alan DVB
Gray Richarlison El Ghazi

to

Kenny Braithwaite Holgate Godfrey
DVB Alan Gordon
Gray DCL/Dele Richarlison

need to find a way to score goals.

starting line up with DVB, Richarlison and El Ghazi rotating through with Gray the attacking out, should in theory score goals
(with Alan centre left half back and Braithwaite, Kenny and Doucoure in cover laterally, Holgate should take the lead and get his passing to the midfield clean and crisp)
these 4 should be set up to go for it, everyone working for them to be able to play. A bit of dutch with the Brazillian and the youngster.

in the second Gordon with the assist for DCL to score, Gordon whipping it in as deep as midfield, and the team set up to collect what isn't scored
The play flows between Gordon and DVB being the leading links.
Either DCL or Dele, with Dele providing for movement across and between the front 3.

Gordon and Richarlison is a good left defence in front of Godfrey and plays to Godfrey's strengths, Holgate has to check that left dimension
DVB plays more to Doucs role with Gray in front and leads Kenny and Braithwaite defensively.

They were pretty close to being good until the goal, and then the wall hit, that's all wolves needed
I'd often forget what we are playing against,
there's was no answer when they started playing spanish

perhaps paradoxically, a team that does not have is own direction and style finds it more difficult to play against other directon and styles

but this team is not far off, just needs its directors, in order to play with style

It would be something special if Holgate, Kenny and Braithwaite is the defence that sees them through.

Status
Not open for further replies.