Match Thread Lincoln City vs Everton - Carabao Cup, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to your "Great performance, I knew we'd win really, I was just geeing up the team." on Sunday evening.
Hahaha no.

We might be able to hold teams to a few 1-0's this year, but as Villa showed and in patches last night, we look hopeless if a team has a bit more guile than Watford's hoofball.

....I remember beating University College Dublin by the skin of our teeth in the first round of the 1985 European Cup Winners Cup. It’s the cup, a decent team was selected and we got through a difficult looking game.
I thought that. Played very well in the immediate aftermath of the opening goal. Individually strong in a hostile atmosphere. Some nicely worked goals and not putting up with a couple of nasty little irks near the end.
Potential banana skin? Job done.

Job done and we move on to the next round. Digne aside (a class apart) performances were generally ok. Sidibe looks like he needs to time to adjust, very slow to react and shift position for their second, but that aside much improved from last Friday's disaster show.

Only saw the last 30mins

Defense was a shambles
Pickford the absolute loon running the entire pitch to get involved in something that had nothing to do with him.
Great to see goals for the new and existing players in the team.
Wolves will be tough unless our defense turns up.

Youre usual nonsense,but we're used to it by now. By the way, I don't think your one of our American brothers, so could you please spell 'defence' the way it should be spelt? :)

Honestly I think we played some really good football in parts.

Sure it was only Lincoln but we started with 4(?) new signings, away from home in the cup, in bad weather conditions and went 1-0 down in the first minute.

Exciting game of togger that, it's another win for us when we're on TV too!

We will need some luck this season, both on and off the pitch, but we have the making of a good team coming along.

Erm.......... no mate.That was a far from polished performance.Against a bunch of nobodies.

Our four goals were the first goals scored against Lincoln at home this season. There is a gap in divisions, but as they say the Cup is a great leveller. Lincoln will be promoted easily this season and they played out of there skins last night, but our grit and quality came through in the end.

mad how many reds from there were in the home end trying to have a go about our fans being happy we won

weird little wools

Haha what? We were playing an absolutely woeful team that fortunately weren’t fit as us and loved a good foul.

We look terrible in attack (until they got knackered and gaps opened up) honestly cannot remember the last time we scored anything through the middle of the park that wasn’t a set piece.

We’ll get bummed sixways on Sunday.

I didn't say we played well did I ? What we have failed to do in previous matches has nothing to do with my comment does it ? They were far better than you say as they have a couple of good players in their team and they were up for it .Great ,no we were not but we were much better than last Friday and that was my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.