Match Thread Lincoln City vs Everton - Carabao Cup, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
surprised to match was on at the gym, caught the last 10 or so. got a laugh from an older local who wandered close to the screen when I flipped off that LIncoln knuckle-dragger after that cheap shot to Richie.

That might be the win that kickstarts our season actually

To go 1 down so early, pull ourselves into the lead and then lose the lead almost right away, that could have been it

But we powered through and got over the line

Hopefully an important mental gap has been bridged now
Erm.......... no mate.That was a far from polished performance.Against a bunch of nobodies.

I thought it was a decent performance over all.

The goals conceded: first one after 20 seconds... we were still asleep (no excuse), second one a worldly. But going forward I think we have a lot of potential. Kean looks a cracker for me. And iwobi did well. I didn’t think we were to bad defensively but thinking long term, an injury or two will leave us in trouble.

I’ve had years of disappointment from Everton after having high expectations (I’m going greyon top) ....so this year I’m just ‘let’s enjoy and see what happens!’

I think there’s an exciting team there

A win away from home and to come from behind and score 4 goals isn't a bad result is it?

Hopefully this does wonders for the squads mentality
[/QUOTE

They looked pretty united at the end and I loved Silva ordering them to go down to the travelling fans and give their shirts. There were even unnumbered replacements ready for them to wear.

To go 1 down so early, pull ourselves into the lead and then lose the lead almost right away, that could have been it

Shades of League Cup QF away to Oxford in 84?? ....and 5 months earlier!!

Pickford - 6
Sidibe - 6
Holgate - 5
Keane - 6
Digne - 9
Schneiderlin - 6
Delph - 7
Richarlison - 7
Iwobi - 8
Kean - 6 (but v unlucky not to score)

Tosun - 7
DCL - 6
Walcott - 6

Silva - 7
So you're saying Gylfi was so anonymous he doesn't even deserve a rating?

(I Didn't watch, have no idea how he did)

Who is that ugly ponytailed tit who was acting the hardman when pushing Sig into the net and trying to break Richi's leg near the end?

This is League 1....this May kickstart Lincoln’s season

Status
Not open for further replies.