Match Thread Lincoln City vs Everton - Carabao Cup, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Delph starts. Kean and Iwobi have to start. So...............

Lossl
Lb.Baines (give Digne a rest)
Cd.Gibson
Cd.Holgate
Rb.Sidibe

Dm. Delph
Cm. Gomes
Cm. Davies

Iwobi
Keane
Richie

Trying to get a team out whilst resting some 1st teamers shows our lack of squad depth. Especially at CD. Rest Mina,Keane, Digne and Seamus for weekend. We must start with Iwobi and Kean. And Delph if fit.

There's not a chance in hell we play that back 4!

The other 7 would be alright though

Lossl
Cd.Gibson
Cd.Holgate
Rb.Sidibe

Dm. Delph
Cm. Gomes
Cm. Davies

Iwobi
Keane
Richie

Trying to get a team out whilst resting some 1st teamers shows our lack of squad depth. Especially at CD. Rest Mina,Keane, Digne and Seamus for weekend. We must start with Iwobi and Kean. And Delph if fit.
Is Lossl injured or not?

I can actually see us lining up with those two full backs though. And that front three would be a proper nuisance!

Lossl
Cd.Gibson
Cd.Holgate
Rb.Sidibe

Dm. Delph
Cm. Gomes
Cm. Davies

Iwobi
Keane
Richie

That defence will lose the game

I’d play a full strength side to be honest.

I think a full strength side is eventually going to consist of Kean and possibly Iwobi so I'd have them both in. I'd have Baines and Delph in and leave the rest of the team alone, Delph needs the minutes and Digne was a doubt for Villa so may as well rest him when you've got someone like Baines who should be able to adequately cover against a league 1 team.

There's not a chance in hell we play that back 4!

The other 7 would be alright though

You’re probably right but central defence is a problem as far as squad depth is concerned IMO, so an ideal game for them to show what they’ve got and give them some game time. An injury or suspension to Yerry or Keane means we’d have to start Holgate anyway. Whilst he may not start the 2 of them, I think Holgate is a certainty.

He says he's playing his best team but he will probably start Lossl or Stek. I probably would too but at least be honest about it.

Personel is irrelevant if we just set out to pass the ball sideways amongst ourselves again. They need a clear gameplan and clear intentions to be direct and threatened the opposition defenders.

And win the game, score a few goals and give everyone a confidence boost ?

Madness.
If I had a pound for everytime we have been in this position i.e - in need of a confidence boosting result before the our first league cup tie against inferior opposition in August these past 25 years or so.
I'd have at least £20 quid by now.

Danny Cowley excited by the prospect of facing Marco Silva’s Everton in the Carabao Cup second round on Wednesday night.
The Imps beat former Premier League side Huddersfield Town 1-0 in the first round with Harry Anderson scoring City’s only goal of the game as they secured their place in the second round.
City faced Everton in January for the first senior fixture against the Toffees since 1993, with Silva's side defeating the Imps 2-1 at Goodison Park.

“We looked back at the video from the game against them last season, there is lots of learning to take from that game and we still have around 90% of the group still here,” said Danny.

“They are a Premier League team with world class players and a world class manager who will provide a real test for us.
“We are looking forward to the challenge ahead of us, you always learn against the best players and best teams.

“It will be a real test for us, there is no hiding from that but we are really excited about the test Everton will provide.”
Cowley continued by discussing Marco Silva’s comments about starting a full-strength squad tomorrow night: “We are pleased, we want to play their very best team.

“It is a competition they can realistically win even if they bring their second level players which includes the boy from Juventus, Moise Kean, Theo Walcott and Alex Iwobi. They have a huge amount of depth from their recruitment this summer.

We will try to be as competitive as we can, we will pick the right team for the right game. We can utilise the squad, we don’t have many numbers but the ones we do have are all high quality.

“They have two different systems, they now have Fabian Delph which allows them to use a 4-3-3. They had an outstanding squad in January and an even better one now so we are looking forward to the huge challenge ahead.”
Danny finished by praising the Lincoln supporters for their continued support explaining how the energy created will play a vital role tomorrow night.

“It is an atmosphere we really enjoy, when you have the view of the cathedral from the stands it makes it a really romantic place to play football,” said Cowley.

“I’m not sure Everton’s players will be too intimidated but we have a unique atmosphere and our fans make their noise so they will be right behind us on Tuesday.
“We will try to use that energy to drive us on and the supporters will be our 12th, 13th and 14th man tomorrow night.”

Status
Not open for further replies.