2023/24 Lewis Dobbin

Would've liked to have seen Lewis Dobbin given a start this evening against Crystal Palace, I feel he would have given us something different to work with and brought a bit more energy and directness up front.
The lad might as well stick a transfer request in after last night.

For me the ideal game to give him more minutes, against a depleted Palace, especially as I don’t think he’s done anything wrong in the limited minutes he’s had.

Instead we’re get a poor young and a knackered McNeil starting and/or playing the entire game.

Pickford

Godfrey - Tarkowski - Branthwaite - Mykolenko

Garner
--- Onana --- Doucoure --- McNeil

DCL ------- Dobbin

Anyone else reckon this is worth a go at some point or just me?

Pickford

Godfrey - Tarkowski - Branthwaite - Mykolenko

Garner
--- Onana --- Doucoure --- McNeil

DCL ------- Dobbin

Anyone else reckon this is worth a go at some point or just me?
Would really prefer a Right Back to play Right Back and a Winger to play on the Wing, but I wouldnt be against trying something different.

Would really prefer a Right Back to play Right Back and a Winger to play on the Wing, but I wouldnt be against trying something different.
Swap Godfrey for Coleman or even Patterson. Garner has played on the right a few times before but really you could put Harrison there instead should the need dictate (i.e. if we needed more 'direct' play there). Either way I don't really see how we can drop Doucoure given his form this season so one of Harrison or Garner have to go for me.

The lad is wasting his time at Everton right now. An entire season is about to effectively pass him by.

A loan to the right club could have really kicked him on. Instead, he is stuck at Everton just in case our impotent attack is short of bodies.

The same can be said for Chermiti. Really poor way to develop talent.

Swap Godfrey for Coleman or even Patterson. Garner has played on the right a few times before but really you could put Harrison there instead should the need dictate (i.e. if we needed more 'direct' play there). Either way I don't really see how we can drop Doucoure given his form this season so one of Harrison or Garner have to go for me.
Onana - Doucoure is a ball-allergic midfield and Garner is 100% hot garbage on the wing as he's not a winger and never will be a winger, or a right back.