Let's buy a second division club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure buying another club is right, but something needs to change with the reserve competition at the moment. Looking through the team stats, there isn't a player in our reserve team that has played more than 10 times this season. To put that into context, George Green could almost top that between now and the end of the year in his loan at Tranmere in barely over 1 months worth of senior football.

Dyke goes on about the lack of opportunities for young players to break through, but the gap between reserve football and first team can't help. It's no wonder most top clubs loan out so many players during the season, as the reserve league is a waste of time.

It's a bit insulting to the team we would theoretically buy if they were to just be mere stop-gaps for academy players.

I think we should just loan players out to Tranmere if they stay in the league.

Good competitive game time, and the player is close enough to regularly monitor any issues such as lifestyle or anything.

I'm not a Tranmere follower or anything, it'd just be convenient for both clubs and also easy to dart over and watch their progress when Everton aren't on if anyone is so inclined.

Status
Not open for further replies.