Let's buy a second division club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what happens when inevitably we draw the club we have purchased in a domestic cup competition?

What if they were to gain promotion to the PL? Surely you couldn't deny another team and their supporters the right to PL football?

And what happens when inevitably we draw the club we have purchased in a domestic cup competition?

What if they were to gain promotion to the PL? Surely you couldn't deny another team and their supporters the right to PL football?

Good points, and this is why it will never happen nor should happen.

I don't see why we can't get a mate of bill's to buy a welsh team with an awful ground for like 10 bucks, loan them our kids and then they can reach the cl group stages and we can hold their european games at goodison thus earning us the sweet cl tv cash.

Isn't this basically like feeder clubs in FM? let's grab a team in the Ukraine 2nd division and loan them Alcaraz. He can hear 'ffs you're [Poor language removed]' in multiple languages.

This is basically what Chelsea have done with Vitesse Arnhem in Holland. They were bought by a mate of Abramovich. He now seems to do what Chelsea tell him and in response they send loads of players over there on loan, including their player of the season last year, Christian Atsu. Think they have had 4 players on loan from Chelsea each season over the last two or three years.

The "relationship" has been investigated by the Dutch FA but don't think anything came of it. There were even rumours that Chelsea had put pressure on Vitesse not to qualify for the Champions League.

This is basically what Chelsea have done with Vitesse Arnhem in Holland. They were bought by a mate of Abramovich. He now seems to do what Chelsea tell him and in response they send loads of players over there on loan, including their player of the season last year, Christian Atsu. Think they have had 4 players on loan from Chelsea each season over the last two or three years.

The "relationship" has been investigated by the Dutch FA but don't think anything came of it. There were even rumours that Chelsea had put pressure on Vitesse not to qualify for the Champions League.

didn't chelsea have something like 38 players out on loan across Europe at the end of last season? It's a smart business decision from chelsea - keep the excellent ones like Courtois, have other clubs develop players and pay premiums to chelsea for their services on a full time basis - like lukaku?

They go through, obviously.

More likely what will happen is prem clubs will forge a relationship with smaller clubs that involves them sending all their academy players there, like Chelsea with Vitesse Arnhem.

bit patronising don't you think. I think I can safely say not one fan in any division below the premiership would want any top tier club to them over. fans of these smaller clubs don't love their clubs any less than us.

didn't chelsea have something like 38 players out on loan across Europe at the end of last season? It's a smart business decision from chelsea - keep the excellent ones like Courtois, have other clubs develop players and pay premiums to chelsea for their services on a full time basis - like lukaku?
Not sure about last season for certain but they currently have 26 players out on loan, so more than a Premier League squad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_F.C.#Out_on_loan

It definitely is a sensible system if you can afford to do it. They will make small losses on some players of course but the majority will either be first team players or make them loads in transfer fees. In the last year or so alone they made nearly £40m profit on Lukaku, Bertrand and De Bruyne who together played less than 50 times for Chelsea and spent most of their time out on loan.

Obviously there are obvious reasons to prevent this. However the sentiment is right. I think B sides should be allowed to play in the league. Where I disagree with Dyke is the creation of a B league. They would apply for entry at Conference North/South level, or maybe lower down.

I know people say it's unfair to clubs lower down there'd be empty grounds etc. I don't think that's the case at all. I think the "top" clubs (your Liverpools and Manchester Uniteds) would attract significant crowds for a B team. I also think given their presence around the country they would take sizeable away followings.

Status
Not open for further replies.