Lescott took the blame for leaving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bob

Player Valuation: £750k
joleon Lescott has just said on the debate he was told/ had inside information he would have to take the flak for leaving us to go city. He said he was willing to do that if it meant going to city. Another occasion club makes player take the blame?

Of course he took the blame.... He wanted to go and was told if he made it known publicly he wanted to leave it would make the loan happen quicker. ..He was wrong.

What was the club to do, say they wanted to sell him when they didn't.

joleon Lescott has just said on the debate he was told/ had inside information he would have to take the flak for leaving us to go city. He said he was willing to do that if it meant going to city. Another occasion club makes player take the blame?

Well yeah thats normally what happens when you lash in a transfer request and then play like a coward.

If you play for money then where is the 'blame for changing jobs? Even Wayne did it!

I am not really sure what point you are trying to make.

But is sure seems to verify what we have long believed....Lescott wanted out.

And sitting at the ma5ch that day, it really looked to me like he was playing to get a move......and not in a positive way.

Rat.

Lol ..... following season he played in a preseason friendly vs. Whitecaps in Vancouver for City. I booed him every time he touched the ball ... only a few around me could figure out why ....
Meh ... seems funny now ... played well for us / moved on / never played as well for them .... but can never forgive that opening day v Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.