Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say there's a huge gap at all mate.

Oviedo is a good player and a more than able deputy.

If they were both at full fitness then yeh Baines would be my choice, but the thing is he isn't. I don't think there's anything wrong with rotating them both for the rest of the campaign to help them both get the gametime needed to keep them match sharp and get over their fitness issues.

That's one we differ on mate, when both are fully fit and in form then i think Baines is a long way ahead of Oviedo, your talking about arguably one of the best left backs in Europe against a good premiership level left back IMO

That's one we differ on mate, when both are fully fit and in form then i think Baines is a long way ahead of Oviedo, your talking about arguably one of the best left backs in Europe against a good premiership level left back IMO

If they're both fully fit mate then yeh, Baines gets the nod.

At the moment they're not and haven't been for a while, though.

Love Bainesy and I'm sure he'll be back to his best soon though.

While it's good for us that he'll get a rest by not being called up, I find it pretty hilarious that Roy sees Bertrand and Rose as better options. Maybe he's just giving them a go but surely Baines is quite blatantly England's best left back?! Fairly sure there was a stat doing the rounds earlier in the season that he's been far and away England's most creative player in the PL over the last few years... But sure Bertrand can do a job so why not lol

While it's good for us that he'll get a rest by not being called up, I find it pretty hilarious that Roy sees Bertrand and Rose as better options. Maybe he's just giving them a go but surely Baines is quite blatantly England's best left back?! Fairly sure there was a stat doing the rounds earlier in the season that he's been far and away England's most creative player in the PL over the last few years... But sure Bertrand can do a job so why not lol

Id bet its more likely a rest after coming back from long injuries.

He'll still be going the Euros... they have to try other options at times like

Id bet its more likely a rest after coming back from long injuries.

He'll still be going the Euros... they have to try other options at times like

True. He'd still be one of the first names in the squad for me though when fit. Although I do have rather a large man crush on him which may explain that...

Woy's selections never make sense. Baines is coming back from a long term injury but so is Sturridge and he gets called up immediately. This is the same man who has said he will call up Wilshere and Shaw if they are fit in time regardless of whether they play for their teams.

I've heard from wthin the club there was some serious unrest between Baines and Martinez a few weeks back.

Baines questioned Martinez as to why Kone was being selected ahead of others when so clearly our of form. Martinez didn't take kindly to this but Baines insisted he was only talking on behalf of the majority of the 1st team squad.

Seems to add up.

I've heard from wthin the club there was some serious unrest between Baines and Martinez a few weeks back.

Baines questioned Martinez as to why Kone was being selected ahead of others when so clearly our of form. Martinez didn't take kindly to this but Baines insisted he was only talking on behalf of the majority of the 1st team squad.

Seems to add up.

Shame the person within the club forget to mention that Browning done his knee in December and is out for the season though?

Reactions: OGG

Seems to add up.

No mate. No it doesn't.

Seems to add up.

That's me convinced

Status
Not open for further replies.