2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines partnership with Pienar was world class. Baines developed the technique of underlapping Pienar and heading directly for goal through the space created by Pienar. It was really hard to defend and very effective.
in his pomp he was truly tremendous.

Baines and Pienaar had a good partnership. But already the season before Pienaar came (back), Baines had 11 assists and 5 goals. He did well without Pienaar as well. Baines was perhaps the best offensive back of his time in the PL, but had weaknesses defensively. Digne and Baines are not really very different. Regardless, Baines is a club legend, in recent times, and should be treated with respect.

Easily my favourite Everton player in his time here .... class act ! Would love to see him sign on for another year but I won’t fault him for moving to play more or retiring outright ! All the best : thanks for your immense contributions!

20200726_123739.jpg

To keep all those egos together and still become the most successful Belgian manager in that nation's history is an achievement.

Leighton Baines on the other hand made sure his ego is more important than the well being of the team.

An utter rat who stabbed his own team in the back while they were on the pitch playing.

I genuinely think you would rather Everton got relegated and went bust than ever admit you were wrong

Still for me, no to a two year deal. If he wants that then go elsewhere but must say at some time when possible a testimony game would be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.