2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
...,very noticeable to me that our possession became much better once he came on. Being brave, believing in your ability and having the quality to keep the ball is vital at places like Old Trafford and Baines is still a little maestro of interplay with team mates. i believe we improved for his introduction.

To come on and perform like that really is an indication that he’s a top professional, training hard every day to get his opportunity. I like him lots.

Yesterdays' news by now but IMO if Baines had played instead of Digne at Millwall in that cup game we would have won it, and I said that at the start, not after Digne committed those stupid fouls and lost us the game. We needed all the wise old heads in that game.

Coming in cold in a game at Old Trafford is exactly where you need someone who has been around the block a couple of times.

He has done mostly well when called to duty. Good to see him playing some nice footy. Never shoot a free kick again though Bainsey. You lost your power and precision from that injury.

...,very noticeable to me that our possession became much better once he came on. Being brave, believing in your ability and having the quality to keep the ball is vital at places like Old Trafford and Baines is still a little maestro of interplay with team mates. i believe we improved for his introduction.

To come on and perform like that really is an indication that he’s a top professional, training hard every day to get his opportunity. I like him lots.

Love baines me, always have and that game yesterday showed me that digne is not as good on the ball as baines. It’s easy to forget how good he was and digne is still a quality lb but playing against someone as rapid as James , who skinned digne in that game, at the age of 35 and without having played for so long is very impressive and highlights how good he was. He has the vision , touch and eye for a pass of a Cm and has confidence in his ability on the ball and himself while being very quiet and not cocky at all. Love him and hope enjoyed that last night as this is probably going to be his last year with us

Digne’s on the limp, we are lucky to have a player of Baines caliber to step in. There was no drop in quality, maybe even a bit better.
Question though, if Leighton goes down, whose next in line? Holgate?

A nice reminder of just how good little Leighton is and has been for us. Proper Everton player.
I think most on here have always agreed, was once the best left back in the league, class never leaves, speed does unfortunately but Leighton played really well ...I wasnt surprised really, still a quality player if handled correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.