2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.

There are strong leaders in every dressing room.. every club needs them... every manager needs them. Dave doesn't like Baines because he stood up to Roberto Martinez at a time when he had lost the plot as manager... but that is what the leaders in a dressing room should do.

You often hear about managers losing the dressingroom , that really means that his tactics/training/formation has lost the confidence of the players on the training pitch every day and the players ,who know the game as well as anybody, know the manager will not be able to lead them out of trouble.

Senior players are used by wise managers almost as assistants , as a ling to the squad and to younger players in particular.

At the moment it does appear as if the players are still playing for Silva , I think that he has gathered the players he wants around him and has correctly forced everybody else out of the club and away from the group. He has had to do this.

Disagree strongly (and the results in each period would seem to agree with me), but to each their own.

If we aren’t winning trophies or challenging for anything I can barely be arsed mate.

I get what you mean of course but even taking a step back there were just as many grim times back then.

I recall horrific games at home to Villa, the Wigan cup game and many many more.

But they were almost ‘allowed’ because we were skint.

Based on what, out of interest?

Other than Dave's paranoid rantings, I mean

Admittedly it's just an opinion - a gut feeling. But I think every dressing room has a core senior group of players, and I think these are the players that consist of our one. And my strong opinion is that they are mentally weak and ultimately corrosive to us gaining the right mentality as a club.

I've been a huge Coleman and Baines fan, but if getting rid of them helps us properly transition to a winning mentality, then in the bin they go.

If we aren’t winning trophies or challenging for anything I can barely be arsed mate.

I get what you mean of course but even taking a step back there were just as many grim times back then.

I recall horrific games at home to Villa, the Wigan cup game and many many more.

But they were almost ‘allowed’ because we were skint.
Oh yeah, there were definitely horrible moments, but it just feels utterly relentless the last few years.

Dominic King saying he will get a one-year extension.

Should have been moved on and got another one off the wage bill. I fully expect them to give Jagielka an undeserved deal now, too.

Sentiment at this club is a curse.

Football supporters provide insight into how religions were formed.

Both start with a central mystery, ie: why are we here, and why do we die? or, why is the team losing matches?

And then from there, they invent and concoct all manner of reasons which, despite little to no evidence, help provide solace to the anguished and confused.

The same is more or less true of conspiracy theories, which is essentially what most of the recent posts in this thread amount to.

Blaming a secret cabal of mentally-weak senior squad fillers who've been among our best players but now feature only when everyone else is injured is... not among the more edifying of the available dogmas.

Let's all try to be a bit more Enlightenment and a lot less Branch Davidian then, when it comes to the celestial uncertainties of Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.