Leighton Baines new Coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn’t want to be sat on the bench all season. This gives him purpose rather than filling time. He will also not be on as much money do shows he’s doing something he cares about rather than lining his pockets.
£40M in wages over 13 fruitless years.

Sometimes it’s about finding the role you’re most suited to. Loads of assistant managers/coaches who are brilliant in that role but not first team managers e.g. Alan Irving, Brian Kidd, Steve Round etc. Why can’t it be true for finding a niche at youth level?

Really poor culture at the club of ex players being given handouts. Just never out their comfort zone. Same journey to finch farm, same meals, same faces. Never challenging themselves. Just stinks of mediocrity. How about getting proven, experienced in the role candidates in? What was the interview process? Maybe even someone who had actually performed the role successfully? Na. Just give it to bainesy because he was a decent full back.

Offered alot of advice to younger players when he was playing, will be a great coach was a top professional on and off the pitch
Please define top pro? Basically anyone who’s not in the papers for the wrong reasons. So 95% of players. Hate that phrase, so overused and such an empty statement. Great player but seemed a bit of a wet lettuce to me.

Its not Baines fault. It’s just the stench of comfortability around the club. We all know, I’m sure as employees at some point, the challenge of starting new jobs. New faces, proving yourself in your new role. Our players just go into the same work place, same meal, same convo with the dinner lady and the kitmen. It’s just not challenging and anyone in any walk of life should want to better/challenge themselves and this doesn’t look anything like that to me.

All
Its not Baines fault. It’s just the stench of comfortability around the club. We all know, I’m sure as employees at some point, the challenge of starting new jobs. New faces, proving yourself in your new role. Our players just go into the same work place, same meal, same convo with the dinner lady and the kitmen. It’s just not challenging and anyone in any walk of life should want to better/challenge themselves and this doesn’t look anything like that to me.
All have different views i think he will do a good job

Status
Not open for further replies.