Leighton Baines new Coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know.

Ancelotti wouldn't be offering him a year extension if he wasn't.

I just find it odd he retired to become a coach. He'd always said he'd bail on football when his career is over, in that context I understood the retirement of why sit on a bench for most of a season when you can go and take on a new project etc;

I'm a huge fan of Baines so I'm glad he's still around the club, just find it a surprise.

It'll be interesting how committed he is to coaching and how long he'll be about.

...I think he was a top professional, you could see that when he was out of the side he always hit the ground running when called upon. I wouldn’t question his commitment and I recall Ancelotti saying he was a ‘thinker’ about the game.

He played Niasse ahead of Simms a lot for one season mate,the sole purpose of being a youth Manager is to develop youth
And it’s not anywhere in the realms of possibility that he’d been told to do that to keep the guy somewhat fit in the hopes of getting him sold?

The SOLE purpose of the u18 manager is to develop youth. The PRIMARY purpose of the U23 manager is to develop youth, but there are also aspects of fitness and rehab for players in and around the first team

Isn't Joel Waldron Academy Director or is there a difference between that job title and Unsworth's title of Director of Academy?

Academy Director != Director of Academy

Isn't Joel Waldron Academy Director or is there a difference between that job title and Unsworth's title of Director of Academy?

Academy Director != Director of Academy

Joel Waldron moves from his position as Academy Director to become the Academy’s Chief Operating Officer and will continue to manage the operations relating to the Academy at USM Finch Farm.

The news about Baines is great. I'm not sure what blackmail Unsworth has on folks to get this new role. Our academy players have been a let down for the past five years.

I hope Gordon makes it because if he doesn't then the brightest feather in Unsworth's cap is Tom Davies.

The news about Baines is great. I'm not sure what blackmail Unsworth has on folks to get this new role. Our academy players have been a let down for the past five years.

I hope Gordon makes it because if he doesn't then the brightest feather in Unsworth's cap is Tom Davies.
DCL?

Someone needs to explain to me how the prevailing opinion seems to be that Unsworth has done such an awful job with the U23’s, yet with the same breath we’ve got DCL, Davies (hmm), Kenny, Gordon in and around the 1st XI or possibly being sold for 8 figure sums and people wanting Gibson and Simms to be given a go.

Swear people are expecting us to be producing 5 first team ready players a year.
I will.

Kenny isn't good enough. Davies isn't good enough. DCL we bought and only played about 20 minutes for the U23s as he was in the squad from the off. Gordon still has lots to prove.

We haven't had one player from Unsworth that's really nailed down a position in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.