Left Midfield

You decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe Bernard has got that many votes. I’m not a great fan, technically very good, but doesn’t really score enough or do enough damage high up the pitch. So obviously we need more goals from the wide areas, so to keep Bernard on the left we will need to get a quality attacker on the right, which apparently is what we are looking at.

But does Bernard help the midfield, not for me and he definitely seems to go missing away from home, with him turning 28 in September I would sell and look for a better balanced left sided player.

Be interesting to see who Carlo sells in the summer out of Bernard and Iwobi.

He doesn't appear to rate either and I think a first choice LW will be signed in the summer.

Bernard will fetch more FFP speaking however he offers more than Iwobi however Iwobi counts towards the home grown quota.

Put Bernard on the left for the rest of the season and let him get a decent run of games under his belt. He'll not develop any real consistency and a proper understanding with the rest of the players if he's in and out of the team from one week to another.

Be interesting to see who Carlo sells in the summer out of Bernard and Iwobi.

He doesn't appear to rate either and I think a first choice LW will be signed in the summer.

Bernard will fetch more FFP speaking however he offers more than Iwobi however Iwobi counts towards the home grown quota.
If he sells either it will be Bernard.

But I highly doubt either are sold unless Gordon shows a whole lot before the season ends.

I'd give Bernard a run in the team until the end of the season, and if doesn't work out, let him move on in the summer. He's on far too much money to be in and out when the club is struggling with FFP.

Saying that, where else do you put Iwobi but on the left? I know that he's suddenly a 'no.10' now, but that sounds like Bilyaletdinov talk to me. He definitely never played there for Arsenal.

I'd give Bernard a run in the team until the end of the season, and if doesn't work out, let him move on in the summer. He's on far too much money to be in and out when the club is struggling with FFP.

Saying that, where else do you put Iwobi but on the left? I know that he's suddenly a 'no.10' now, but that sounds like Bilyaletdinov talk to me. He definitely never played there for Arsenal.
Putting Bernard in the team every game and seeing if he can figure it out is exactly what we did last season at the end.

I mean the seasons over, we’ve messed up any chance of Europe because this is Everton and why wouldn’t we?. Sigurdsson and Walcott are terrible, Iwobi obviously isn’t fancied so why not put Richarlison back on the left and give Kean an invaluable run up top. Play Bernard on the right and if Ancelotti still isn’t satisfied with him then shift him in the summer.

I can’t believe Bernard has got that many votes. I’m not a great fan, technically very good, but doesn’t really score enough or do enough damage high up the pitch. So obviously we need more goals from the wide areas, so to keep Bernard on the left we will need to get a quality attacker on the right, which apparently is what we are looking at.

But does Bernard help the midfield, not for me and he definitely seems to go missing away from home, with him turning 28 in September I would sell and look for a better balanced left sided player.

Digne and Bernard play very well as a partnership.

Similarly to Baines and Pienaar. Baines bagged multiple assists, Pienaar didn't. Yet both were key together.

Played there a few times for Arsenal and for Nigeria.

Was also a million times better there when Siggurdson was benched under Silva

Digne and Bernard play very well as a partnership.

Similarly to Baines and Pienaar. Baines bagged multiple assists, Pienaar didn't. Yet both were key together.
Good player but never won anything or really turned up in the big games. Pienaar couldn’t handle the pressure at Dortmund. And when he left us for Spurs( at the time a better team than us and in the champions league) he again couldn’t handle the pressure and came back to us with his tail between his legs.

And soon got back into that routine of playing for a club happy to finish 6th or 7th. I see Bernard as exactly the same. Wouldn’t survive 5mins at a team in the champions league places.

Status
Not open for further replies.