Match Thread Leeds United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't blame him for going uber defensive again and playing slow pokes gomes and sigurdsson

he wants to keep things tight at the back and nick the win on a counter or a set piece

its understandable given the lack of quality in our squad

allardyce would have done the same

Gomes and Sigurdsson hinder us on the counter attack mate.

Why are James and Keane on the bench? Two of our only decent players against Newcastle.

How Sigurdsson keeps his place, with the armband no less, is incredible.

You do realise that picking teams isn't as simple as picking the best players? This might blow your mind, but there's a lot of time and effort put in to managing players fitness these days.

That said, that is utterly shabite to see Siggy in place of our beautiful boy Hamez. I hope to god we'll be able to get rid of Siggy in the summer.

I just hope we don’t Sit back and defend for 90 minutes especially without Keane, the football we’re playing is absolutely shocking, I’m hoping we play abit higher and at least get Dom further up the field

Gomes and Sigurdsson against a team that does nothing but run around and be hyperactive. Can see that one working.
Think Carlo went with pace where we have it (james on the bench). Unfortunately we don't have a single midfielder that has pace. Davies has energy, but he ain't quick. I'd probably still have him in over one of Gomes or Siggy though.

Not really.

The best XI to try and keep it tight would be the 4 CBs at the back, Digne left wing and Rich on the right, with Davies and Doucoure in midfield, Gylfi or James in a free role.

This system looks like it could be a complete mess.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to explain the XI.

That team just shows that Carlo expects to be defending a lot tonight,no other reason to not play James.
Gomes and Gylfi equals comfortable defeat.

Another Leeds fan here yes we're insidious but not all blinkered don't get me wrong some Leeds fans have the IQ of tap water. I've been a member of your forum for a while. On paper you should win but strange old season this time.

Our (or my) only aim this year was to stay in the prem and i think we have just about done that.

Now onto this game, on our day we could thump anyone or get battered and you never really know what team will show up. So it could be 5 - 0 to us or just as probable 0 - 5 to you, so we all know it will be a dull 0 - 0. As you are probably all sick of Leeds fans i shall leave you all alone after this final point, you're not Liverpool or Man Utd and that can only be a plus, good luck with the rest of the season apart from tonight obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.