Leave the ground empty on Monday night

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a match going fan, will just leave my opinion.

Supporters have to support.

On the other hand, supporters have to react when the club is not going in the right direction.

IMO, go to the game and send a mesage. Turn your backs to the pitch and don't watch the 27th min or throw tennis balls or whatever is accepable, but show them we are not happy with the current situation.

The rest of the time be the noisy 12th player, support the blue boys and make it impossible for them not to give 101%

Just my 2c.

Think the banner is a good start we all just want the club to be more open. Talking to jim white and seeing brands talking to dutch press and saying more to that fan on the video is part of the problem. Is such a divide

Let’s go retro.

Never did the Goodison faithful make their dissatisfaction known so forcibly as in the days of the cushion chuckers.

Back in the early 70s the arl arses in the Top Balcony bombarded the pitch with the cushions they had on the seats up there after a crap performanc.

And an impressive sight it was too.

Imagine everyone in the Top Balcony, Upper Gwladys, Upper Bullens and the high rows in the Park End fetched a cudhion with them come Mondsy night and at a certain point during the game we bombarded the pitch.

The significance would not be lost on Bill, that’s for sure ;)

Then you haven’t read the thread. living in cairns and then having the audacity to criticise people who spend thousands of pounds a year going home and away spending countless hours invested in this club shows how detached you are from the reality of how the fans feel. You are clueless on how the vast majority of supporters feel and that is obvious.

and no i don’t think you are any less of a blue but you most definitely are out of touch with reality

Mate what utter and total tripe you are talking!

In reality, as you state, what difference will it make, absolutely none, and you are deluded if you believe it will, and you state knowing how the fans feel, you state this as if everybody wants to protest!, I am sure there is a percentage, but not everyone, so there is delusion on your part!

Spending countless hours invested in the club you say, if you begrudge Everton, give your season ticket/match day ticket to someone who would love to go, plus I am sure you didn't see the Mike Walker years, Walter Smith years with him trying to buy Dean Windass, asked myself countless times why am I following the club home and away

I take it you didn't also go to the likes of Rotterdam, Wembley on so many occasions, that when we went for the Simod Cup final? against Palace it has lost its magic and our end wasn't full, season tickets from 1976 for the Street end, them moved to the Park end when it was finished until 1995 after the cup final we came to Oz.

In these days of the internet (unless you are still on dial up)? you are never far away from home and never will be, the likes of this forum, Toffee TV, Mighty Blues and even the Jimmy White Radio show with Simon Jordon keeps you in touch, plus the mates you have watching the match with you from all over the world via the internet tuning in at the same time to watch and talk blues (as we get every game live here in Oz). Lets face it every Everton fan if they chose to be has never been so in touch with the club and what's going on than now!

Attachments

• 30.15.02-The-city-of-Cairns-hugs-the-coast-of-Tropical-North-Queensland-photo-by-Tourism-Event...jpg
    30.15.02-The-city-of-Cairns-hugs-the-coast-of-Tropical-North-Queensland-photo-by-Tourism-Event...jpg
    201 KB · Views: 60
I am picking up this thread a little late in its piece, and join the conversation unversed in any preamble...'cept for @Bungle 's boob tubing adulteration. I often say, post-match, after some 'brave lionhearts' tounge-in-cheek parody post: 'disappointing outcome, but unsurprising....and Goodison will be packed (for the next woeful performance)...NSNO'.
So unpack it...this incarnation of my team is an effing embarrassment. They care not one jot for you nor your loyalty. Disown them (albeit temporarily) ...force change

I have gone thru this thread and looked at the posts , normally I take a balanced view of the debate but not this one
I would never go to extreme protest action against Everton

And just before I get asked , I am in South Africa far away from were I was born as an Evertonian but I regard myself as much an Evertonian as anyone else !

I could not take the stick from the Local R/S Kopites ( who are the same over here , EG cant even name their 1st team ) grinning ear to ear at an empty Goodison or taking part in extreme protest action .

I know we are in dire straits and sympathise with the supporters who have had enough but there are clubs big and small who have gone thru the same and or a lot worse however I am not saying its acceptable we lump it or leave it , but I would consider looking at a decisive / measured manner in showing our dissatisfaction ?

I say all the time how lucky they are that no matter what the ground is full. In the past it wouldn't have been, attendances would have dwindled under poor performances but I juts feel they take liberties with our support now.

I think it's a great idea I just wish people would follow through with it but they won't.

Have flights booked for this. But with the covid protocols introduced from tomorrow and my total disillusionment with the club I'm now not going. Losing the price of the flights but I'm nea.

Mate… spare a thought for me. Flying 5,500 miles for my first home game in over 2 years. Haven’t been able to come
Home cos of Covid. 13 hour flight. Arriving 10am to Heathrow so I can get to the match in time but now f*cking U.K. government just announced need to test / self-isolate for 2 days.

However, watched the Derby am now not too unhappy!!!

Mate what utter and total tripe you are talking!

In reality, as you state, what difference will it make, absolutely none, and you are deluded if you believe it will, and you state knowing how the fans feel, you state this as if everybody wants to protest!, I am sure there is a percentage, but not everyone, so there is delusion on your part!

Spending countless hours invested in the club you say, if you begrudge Everton, give your season ticket/match day ticket to someone who would love to go, plus I am sure you didn't see the Mike Walker years, Walter Smith years with him trying to buy Dean Windass, asked myself countless times why am I following the club home and away

I take it you didn't also go to the likes of Rotterdam, Wembley on so many occasions, that when we went for the Simod Cup final? against Palace it has lost its magic and our end wasn't full, season tickets from 1976 for the Street end, them moved to the Park end when it was finished until 1995 after the cup final we came to Oz.

In these days of the internet (unless you are still on dial up)? you are never far away from home and never will be, the likes of this forum, Toffee TV, Mighty Blues and even the Jimmy White Radio show with Simon Jordon keeps you in touch, plus the mates you have watching the match with you from all over the world via the internet tuning in at the same time to watch and talk blues (as we get every game live here in Oz). Lets face it every Everton fan if they chose to be has never been so in touch with the club and what's going on than now!
Go for it mate.

Yep, I was at Wembley for the Simod Cup final v Palace, remember Keown got targetted for a lot a physical stuff.

Plenty of blues who have moved overseas who are still blues.

Some sort of gesture is needed. Maybe back turn on 27 mins?

I'll be working from home so will watch it live for a change. Deep joy. On 27 mins I'll get up and turn my back (probably peep over my shoulder if anything happens)

NSNO - lets keep reminding the board etc every chance we get

Go for it mate.

Yep, I was at Wembley for the Simod Cup final v Palace, remember Keown got targetted for a lot a physical stuff.

Plenty of blues who have moved overseas who are still blues.

Some sort of gesture is needed. Maybe back turn on 27 mins?

I'll be working from home so will watch it live for a change. Deep joy. On 27 mins I'll get up and turn my back (probably peep over my shoulder if anything happens)

NSNO - lets keep reminding the board etc every chance we get
i think you have more pressing concerns with the fascist leader of nz,i wouldnt worry about everton!

Status
Not open for further replies.