League v Cups

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccole

Player Valuation: £35m
Looking forward from a great season with a positive outlook on our squad size and youth, I am looking forward to a great difficult 2nd Season for Roberto.

Without FM or FIFA fantasies, I would love to see our squad put to better use in the cups and especially in the Europa looking at Dortmund and Atletico Madrid use of the tournament to get ready for bigger challenges in the Champions League plus the winner get put straight in.

However past English teams, us included, have struggled with the balance of 45 plus games in the season so looking at our current squad not including loans or ITK deals, here would be our starting XI for both league & cups:

LEAGUE XI
Howard, Coleman, Stones, Jags, Baines, McCarthy, Gibson, McGeady, Barkley, Oviedo and Mirallas/Kone

CUP XI
Joel, Hibbert, Browning/Duffy, Alcaraz/ Distin, Garbett, Osman, Lundstrum/Ledson, Pienaar, Naismith, Gueye/Kennedy, McAleny/Long

This is squad only so we can see what we need to bring in this Summer:
RB, 2 CM, RW, LW, 2 ST.

I would love to see more youth coming through to dominate our starting XI like Barkley & Coleman (to a degree).

I know you won't all agree and we will have better youth coming through who could push into those teams but next season could see the start of a great sense of purpose for Everton to fight at the highest level.

All the best for the summer blues! COYB!

Two completely different line ups for league and cup games???? I don't think any manager's ever been so ruthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.