League Position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good position if we hit the ground running. We cannot be doing with the bedding in of the system like last season or we will finish in a position like last season.

Can't see us finishing higher than arsenal, spurs, Liverpool or city. So maximum 5th, minimum I'd be happy with is 7th.

Agreed on this but im not sure about Arsenal. I suppose the front 3 will get them over the line more often than not but I’m not over awed by the rest of the squad.

There’s been a few sneers from the usual goblins regarding us relying on. A 19 year old as our CF yet Atletico paid 4 times for Felix (who, granted looks amazing) if Kean gets 15 in the league for us this season we could do some serious damage.

I think 4th is there for the taking, i don't think we are that far off Arse and Utd to be honest, still unsure of Lampards Chelsea.

Maybe I missed it, but I thought there might be a thread on where we might finish (before we've even kicked a ball!)?
I know everyone heads into the new season full of confidence, particularly when we have spent a few quid. However, years of bitter experience suggests otherwise.
If we finish ahead of Leicester we will have done well. I cannot see us better than 7th. (Awaits abuse)
8th, i've just got a bad feeling about this season so i wouldn't be surprised if we finished lower

7th or 8th. If we’d recruited zaha or zouma, we’d be competing for a top 4 spot. But on the plus side, I think the team will be more exciting to watch this season, we’ll score more goals but alas we’re weaker defensively (losing Gana and Zouma) so we’ll concede more.

Think we’ve missed a trick a little not getting any centre half cover in. Weakest United and Chelsea I’ve seen in forever. Leicester and Wolves will be strong. Still hoping for 6th.

Said 6th my highest for a long time,and said that weeks ago and even a few months ago via the other 2 or 3 threads around,so will stick to that,usually say 7th-though a few defender injuries early on and we may end stuffed

Maybe I missed it, but I thought there might be a thread on where we might finish (before we've even kicked a ball!)?
I know everyone heads into the new season full of confidence, particularly when we have spent a few quid. However, years of bitter experience suggests otherwise.
If we finish ahead of Leicester we will have done well. I cannot see us better than 7th. (Awaits abuse)

It is the first day of the season.

If we will have “done well” to finish ahead of Leicester and if we are resigned to finishing no better than 7th then really we should just pack it in.

This is a day for being excited and optimistic.

A day for dreaming.

Me?

I am looking for us to be crowned Champions come next May ;)

COYBB

7th is the absolute minimum or Silva will probably be a gonner.
Chelsea and Man United are catchable , so anywhere from 5th to 7th is realistic. I will go for 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.