League Cup Draw - Chelsea Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be the wednesday night game this [25th oct] and on tv i would think- [surely not GOING TO MAKE US PLAY THE TUESDAY],seems as we play arsenal [22nd oct] the previous sunday,that Arsenal games comes few days after the game v Lyon game [19th oct]

Plus just checking chelsea were due to play watford on the monday night,so that will swap with one of the other tv games

Nothing is ever easy for Everton. Worst draw possible. On a positive note though, there is absolutely no way will Chelsea be fielding their main team in that competition at that stage. They are still going to be tough mind you either way but we are going to have to play some of the big teams in the competition at some point so better earlier really when the big teams dont take it as seriously as the later stages. Good chance we will be televised too although i am not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing at the moment. :D

Hopefully there's enough winnable games till then for us to build some momentum and not get spanked in this. I don't see Chelsea putting out a full strength team, and if we actually have some semblance of a steady formation and team selection by the time this fixture occurs anything is possible. There's no way with how the draw panned out for this next round we'd have avoided one of the big boys in the subsequent rounds anyway. Historically, and despite fielding so-called weaker teams, the competition is almost always won by a side near the top of the table so we'd have to play one of them at some point. Better to do it now.

I'd rather we get them in the next round than graft out way to the final or semi's only to have to face them then. Saves a lot of heartache for us all really and if we win then it's one step closer

I'd rather we get them in the next round than graft out way to the final or semi's only to have to face them then. Saves a lot of heartache for us all really and if we win then it's one step closer

Nah I'd rather face them in the semis or final myself. Love a good cup run

Dunno, while not confident I think we will be better set up for them in a few weeks time with a few wins behind us, and they might play a weak side

Status
Not open for further replies.