Last time we came from behind to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming from behind is one thing, but when we are actually losing at half time it's inevitable we aren't winning the game.

There's a balance to be struck. If Silva changes the formation and takes off two players for two other as soon as the team concede that would be a sign of a panicker with no faith in their own plan, he doesn’t have to react this way or that! Just get the team to win

Can't lay blame on the manager with this one. What can he do to change games. I'm surprised he only hides and has a pouty lip. He ought to be curled up in the feetle position the poor fella.

First, you tried to make out that the signings of Klaassen, was more than two years ago and was irrelevant to discussions.
I'm not "trying to make out" it was more than 2 years ago, I'm stating a FACT that Klassen was signed more than 2 years ago.
Yes it was a bad signing that was meant to be a good signing for the club for a 4 or 5 year period.
But my point was that signing made in the last couple of years have generally been much better than the previous few years.
Those signings over 2 years ago are still relevant for discussion, just not part of the point I was trying to make.

Just thought I'd check when we last came from behind to win a Premier League game, and throw it out there...

It was Monday December 18th, 2017 when we fell behind to Swansea at Goodison under Allardyce but came back to win 3-1 on goals from DCL, Sigurdsson and a penalty from Rooney.
4 points is all we have managed to get once we get into a losing position, since Silva took over, Last season we went behind in 18 games drew 4 and won 0, this season we have gone behind in 4 and lost all of them. Horrific stuff SILVA OUT

I'm not "trying to make out" it was more than 2 years ago, I'm stating a FACT that Klassen was signed more than 2 years ago.
Yes it was a bad signing that was meant to be a good signing for the club for a 4 or 5 year period.
But my point was that signing made in the last couple of years have generally been much better than the previous few years.
Those signings over 2 years ago are still relevant for discussion, just not part of the point I was trying to make.

The signings only came good under Silva's jurisdiction and that was only last year's summer transfers. The fact is you keep mentioning "two years ago" suggests you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm sure you will trying to weasel your way around this point just like you've done in your other posts.

The fact is you keep mentioning "two years ago" suggests you have no idea what you're talking about.
My point was signings made "in the last 2 years". None of the 4 signings you mentioned as failures were signed in the summer of last year. They were ALL made before that. They were ALL made before Silva was given the job.

Tosun in Jan 18 by Allardyce
Klassen in June 17 by Koeman
Ramirez in July 17 by Koeman
Martina in July 17 by Koeman

I'll say it again, all poor signings. I agree there. But not signings I was referring to in my point of the last 2 years (although I've already admitted Tosun can slip in there).

My point of the last 2 years is that under Silva & Brands, the general quality of signings has improved. It's not perfect. They'll still sign some duds, but in general, it seems to have improved.

My point was signings made "in the last 2 years". None of the 4 signings you mentioned as failures were signed in the summer of last year. They were ALL made before that. They were ALL made before Silva was given the job.

Tosun in Jan 18 by Allardyce
Klassen in June 17 by Koeman
Ramirez in July 17 by Koeman
Martina in July 17 by Koeman

I'll say it again, all poor signings. I agree there. But not signings I was referring to in my point of the last 2 years (although I've already admitted Tosun can slip in there).

My point of the last 2 years is that under Silva & Brands, the general quality of signings has improved. It's not perfect. They'll still sign some duds, but in general, it seems to have improved.

You are like a broken record with your poor timelines. Silva and Brands haven't been here for two years. They only started last year. Thanks but I won't be continuing my conversations with you.

Doesn’t matter how well we are playing, as soon as we concede we panic. A lot of bottlers out there and a manager who has shown no signs of being able to motivate them. Don’t give me that old guff about Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd. at the end of last season, number one there was no pressure on by that time, and, more importantly, the opposition scored 0 in all those games. If they had have scored, even if we were a couple of goals in front, we would have folded.

Status
Not open for further replies.