Last season for some players

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackyboy

Player Valuation: £35m
In a bid to try to divert the fume after yesterday, just curious as to who if any people would think this would be their last season as Everton players if any, can be due to age or just a feeling if players are going to be sold.

In my opinion it would be beneficial to let the following leave.

Alcaraz-Probably in the minority on here as I actually like Alcaraz and think he comes in for merciful stick due to his pace or complete lack of it. Probably our centre back that is most comfortable on the ball, however does seem to be prone to a clanger and was probably only ever going to be a stop gap signing.

Hibbert-Barely even passes for the reliable and limited full back we once knew, absolutely no attacking quality which I don't see changing now and is telling when Colemena is out our right hand side looks weak both attacking and defending. Possibly keep on as a coach, but if Kenny is too young to promote and Browning is a CB then RB will need to be addressed soon.

Distin-Will probably now look like a knee jerk reaction after yesterday, however having never been a massive fan even I can admit he hasn't looked anywhere near his best recently. Just like Yobo his biggest attributes were always his raw pace and strength, however once these eventually go (which they will) I do not see him hanging around here. Still the worst in our squad with the ball as well.

Osman-Somebody who I keep thinking will pack it in but always seems to stick around for another season, seemingly has no desire to retire or leave either. Has been a loyal servant but possibly the slowest player in our squad now and his bad games far outweigh his good new. Need better backup if we are to compete on all fronts.

Pienaar-Still a fan of what he offers when he's on form, as one of our better ball players and a relationship that gets the best out of Leighton Baines, will also be useful in Europe this season. However his wages will likely be amongst the highest in the squad, he doesn't seem to influence games as much as he used to and still doesn't score enough goals for me. Feel a return to SA could be on the cards, a shame that he will likely never get a chance at #10, the only time I can remember being against City when he scored a belter.

Thoughts Blues?

In a bid to try to divert the fume after yesterday, just curious as to who if any people would think this would be their last season as Everton players if any, can be due to age or just a feeling if players are going to be sold.

In my opinion it would be beneficial to let the following leave.

Alcaraz-Probably in the minority on here as I actually like Alcaraz and think he comes in for merciful stick due to his pace or complete lack of it. Probably our centre back that is most comfortable on the ball, however does seem to be prone to a clanger and was probably only ever going to be a stop gap signing.

Hibbert-Barely even passes for the reliable and limited full back we once knew, absolutely no attacking quality which I don't see changing now and is telling when Colemena is out our right hand side looks weak both attacking and defending. Possibly keep on as a coach, but if Kenny is too young to promote and Browning is a CB then RB will need to be addressed soon.

Distin-Will probably now look like a knee jerk reaction after yesterday, however having never been a massive fan even I can admit he hasn't looked anywhere near his best recently. Just like Yobo his biggest attributes were always his raw pace and strength, however once these eventually go (which they will) I do not see him hanging around here. Still the worst in our squad with the ball as well.

Osman-Somebody who I keep thinking will pack it in but always seems to stick around for another season, seemingly has no desire to retire or leave either. Has been a loyal servant but possibly the slowest player in our squad now and his bad games far outweigh his good new. Need better backup if we are to compete on all fronts.

Pienaar-Still a fan of what he offers when he's on form, as one of our better ball players and a relationship that gets the best out of Leighton Baines, will also be useful in Europe this season. However his wages will likely be amongst the highest in the squad, he doesn't seem to influence games as much as he used to and still doesn't score enough goals for me. Feel a return to SA could be on the cards, a shame that he will likely never get a chance at #10, the only time I can remember being against City when he scored a belter.

Thoughts Blues?
Alcaraz I agree with, he was only cover and we've got Browning coming through, Hibbo I think will stay until Jonjoe Kenny is able to step up as back up so another year probably, Distin will go when hes ready, maybe this year maybe next year I suspect probably at the end of next year.
Osman still offers plenty for us as does Pienaar. Of the ones you've listed I think Alcaraz will be moved on at the end of the season, and the others the year after. At the end of the day they provide the depth we need to compete in all fronts.

Pienaar has a season or two left in him, this should probably be Distin's last season. Hibbert should never have been given a new contract, we should have never signed Alcaraz and don't get me started on Osman - he's awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.