Lack of Intensity

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggerdestroyer

Player Valuation: £40m
I don't think its just our team it happens to. But is it just me or is there a bit difference in our player's intensity off the ball in closing down and fighting for possession in the man u match and today against Southampton (and crystal palace) We can blame the ref, del boy, our second choice center halves etc all we want today but if you watch our general play in the first half when not in possession we were standing off 3/4 yards. When a team does this it creates a lack of intensity and will to gain possession which in turn leads to crosses etc (and 2 ogs as it did today). This in turn leads to sloppy passes, mistakes and general poor play. I hate saying this but the crowd across the park are winning matches by having a high intensity for 90 mins. They don't let up for 1 second. If you want to hang with the top boys 11 players must be 100% for 90 mins

They looked lethargic from the first whistle. Can't be too critical after a season where we have exceeded expectation but it is a letdown.

We lost that game in the first minute when that clown did his Big Dunc impersonation.

That derailed the entire game plan

The most frustrating thing is I fully expect them to be well up for it and chasing and harrying City next week, why are we just expecting to turn up and swagger through these type of games against the Southampton's and the Palace's?

Got to have the same intensity against everyone, not just getting fired up against the big guns.

The most frustrating thing is I fully expect them to be well up for it and chasing and harrying City next week, why are we just expecting to turn up and swagger through these type of games against the Southampton's and the Palace's?

Got to have the same intensity against everyone, not just getting fired up against the big guns.
Nail on the friggin' head.

Watch us smoke City next weekend then try and walk it around Hull the week after and get bummed. Nailed on.

the 2nd ball is always important and today that didn't happen for us. every time we won a tackle or cleared a ball it fell to them. in our good games it fell to us. is that pressure from the team winning the 2nd ball or not fighting enough and losing the 2nd ball

Definitely lacked sharpness today. I don't think you can question the players' desire to win, even if I feel like it sometimes. Think the own goal knocked the stuffing out of them.

The tone was set when the first goal went in, all tactics and plans went out the window when the second one was scored.

We were poor today, it didn't help that in the first half 3/4 of our attacking quartet played like they'd been out all night on the piss

We are THAT close to get a Champions League place. You lads know this, Everton rarely perform under immense pressure.

Here are the reflection on todays game.

1. I know we have eight players out today but if we don't beat Crystal Palace at home and Soton today, that's mean our backup players ain't have the abilities to cope with our demand. Thus, we don't deserve 4th.

2. The game plan was not working today and when we played Crystal Palace too but it seemed that Martinez did not change much when we were down at half time.

3. I would love to get Lukaku but not for anything above £17m/18m because he does not turn up recently when we need the goals. He has two clear cut chances today but failed to bang one in. Lukaku doesn't process much other abilities apart from scoring. Having said that, I am desperate for him to join because we only have Kone as an option next season.

4. I am not sure on Alcaraz. He is slow, even slower than Heitinga. His lack of pace means he needs to dive into tackles and they are not accurate enough. He was okay apart from today and that 4-0 trashing but I thought he only plays for 5 times for us! I have no idea on how bad Duffy is but if Jags is out of season, we should recall Duffy and see how things go.

5. Del Boy is very frustrating to watch recently. Not providing enough. If he comes back on loan next season that will do him a world of good.

Status
Not open for further replies.