Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t get the impression he pushed though , which is understandable but not particularly endearing.
In any case as last season showed he isn’t owt special , no better than decent.
If we are set on signing a CB, I would prefer someone who is a step up from Zouma.

Well he had a chance to cement a place, so stayed. Nothing wrong with that.

And I've always thought he was solid and nowhere near going above £30mill for. Which is would've been a lot more trying to get him last season.

As far as i remember Lampard said anyone that didnt want to be there could go, from then i remember from the outside as though Zouma seemed to want to stay at chelsea thinking he would be auto 1st choice because he was at Everton, when we knew he really was never going to be picked every game plus they then got rid of a defender not long later, i would take him but dont think we are actually after him,then again not sure who we seem to be after as we are linked to a certain player for a while that we dont seem to bid for or just linked with anyone and everyone lol

He had a chance to prove himself at Chelsea.

He's played 28 times, 25 of them as first choice. He's not good enough for a level they want to be at it they want to sell

I'd take a punt on him again if Gabriel doesn't work out. Not had a great season for Chelsea granted but when he was here under Silva he looked a really good player. Definitely think he's better than Keane and I'd like to see what he'd be like with Holgate. Last few years he's had a good injury record too.

People acting like he was dung have short memories. Some players just don't click at certain clubs, Pienaar at Spurs for example. Lukaku at Chelsea too. Shouldn't be written off because he played inconsistently for an inconsistent side under a novice manager.

Last edited:

Me, no thanks. He was decent for us but ppl way over-rated his performances.
Agreed.
After looking decidedly ropey at first , he had a good run of decent performances in the second half of the season.
His performances this season make me suspect his decent performances were the exception and not the rule. At the very least his form is certainly erratic.
I confess I wanted him last season because he seemed to have established himself here.
But the emergence of Holgate and the vast improvement in Kean place him behind these two , and I prefer Mina over Zouma as well.
I would also like to see Branthwaite continue to get game time for us and ensure he continues to have a clear pathway to the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.