2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure luiz and Gary Cahill are set to leave Chelsea on a free in the summer. If zouma were to go aswell they would have only rudiger and Christensen as there centre backs

what contract is he after though? you think if he's hoping for us to sign him that he'd be sound to play half arsed for 8months then try for the last half dozen games and get away with it?
he's been a lot better recently to be fair but just think he needed a settled team around him, happens with loads of players

Im not saying he has went out for 8 months and played half arsed on purpose. But there have been players i have certainly seen on loan play below standard and you have to wonder if its because they are not perm signings. A mentality thing. He is not contracted to Everton beyond the end of this season. So is it beyond theory he is giving that little bit extra to put himself in the shop window?
I dont think thats impossible.

Still seems a bit rash and basic at times for me. I'm being harsh really because hes been very good of late but i still dont know if I'd pursue a permanent deal especially for the amount Chelsea would want.

Im not saying he has went out for 8 months and played half arsed on purpose. But there have been players i have certainly seen on loan play below standard and you have to wonder if its because they are not perm signings. A mentality thing. He is not contracted to Everton beyond the end of this season. So is it beyond theory he is giving that little bit extra to put himself in the shop window?
I dont think thats impossible.

no I definitely agree with some of that, some loan signings don't try at all if they don't want to be there, just don't think it's the case with zouma

Such a weird forum. Two weeks ago we should never spend more than 10m on him, now its 3times that.
I love it.
that's me flip flopper frank, I don't think he was outstanding or worthy of anything over 10m before the international break I would have even preferred Mina to start over him earlier in the season but something clicked and he's been absolute solid these past 2 months, I'm perfectly sold on him now though, I thought he was top drawer in the Arsenal game.

Pretty sure luiz and Gary Cahill are set to leave Chelsea on a free in the summer. If zouma were to go aswell they would have only rudiger and Christensen as there centre backs

I have mentioned the biz about Cahill way back thinking Zouma will not leave Chelsea.and I still think he will not.

The way the market has become hyper inflated he isn’t going to be sold for the £30 odd million some are suggesting that said I doubt that he is going anywhere other than returning to Chelsea.

He wasn’t sent out on loan because he was surplus to requirements he was sent out because based on form and fitness he had become 5th in the CD pecking order at Chelsea behind Luiz, Cahill, Rudiger & Christensen.

Kurt needed game time to regain both fitness and confidence following the Stoke debacle and of course the ACL injury. From what I’ve seen with the aid of Everton he is now back to the sort of form that saw him play for the National team.The reason he is looking the player he current does is as much about fitness and confidence

I think it’s pretty obvious that Cahill is on his way and Christensen is playing almost by default.Luiz it seems has still to agree a deal for next season and lacks the speed, ability to defend and height that Kurt has.

I don’t doubt for one second that the transfer ban complicates matters but either Sari or indeed a new manager will now know the level he can perform and that is at a level superior to all their current defenders save Rudiger.

So back to my first paragraph. In today’s market he isn’t going anywhere for £30 million I doubt that sum would even initiate a conversation at Chelsea he’s not worth it but his age and the length of his contract added to his skill set suggests to me that a sum north of £40 million would need to be on the table and there is no way that Everton will be in that market

The way the market has become hyper inflated he isn’t going to be sold for the £30 odd million some are suggesting that said I doubt that he is going anywhere other than returning to Chelsea.

He wasn’t sent out on loan because he was surplus to requirements he was sent out because based on form and fitness he had become 5th in the CD pecking order at Chelsea behind Luiz, Cahill, Rudiger & Christensen.

Kurt needed game time to regain both fitness and confidence following the Stoke debacle and of course the ACL injury. From what I’ve seen with the aid of Everton he is now back to the sort of form that saw him play for the National team.The reason he is looking the player he current does is as much about fitness and confidence

I think it’s pretty obvious that Cahill is on his way and Christensen is playing almost by default.Luiz it seems has still to agree a deal for next season and lacks the speed, ability to defend and height that Kurt has.

I don’t doubt for one second that the transfer ban complicates matters but either Sari or indeed a new manager will now know the level he can perform and that is at a level superior to all their current defenders save Rudiger.

So back to my first paragraph. In today’s market he isn’t going anywhere for £30 million I doubt that sum would even initiate a conversation at Chelsea he’s not worth it but his age and the length of his contract added to his skill set suggests to me that a sum north of £40 million would need to be on the table and there is no way that Everton will be in that market

A lot depends on whether Chelsea overturn their transfer ban. The appeal was a a couple of weeks ago ( I think ) so the outcome should be known pretty soon.

Whether Sarri stays or goes will have a bearing on it too.

that's me flip flopper frank, I don't think he was outstanding or worthy of anything over 10m before the international break I would have even preferred Mina to start over him earlier in the season but something clicked and he's been absolute solid these past 2 months, I'm perfectly sold on him now though, I thought he was top drawer in the Arsenal game.
I wasnt totally sold on him either, tbh, but he’s shown quality these last months.

Status
Not open for further replies.