2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think your supposed to shout my ball TJ, a coach told me that years ago as it creates confusion on who is going for it so you shout your name so everyone knows whose going for it

Well that's what's supposed to happen anyway

Ha, yeah, was coached the same but tbf any striker could shout a defender's name so there's no real way to do it m

If you shout another players name to try make a defender leave it then you should be booked for unsporting conduct.

Certainly that was the case when I played at my own particular low level of football in my youth.....I Zingari.

I can’t recall if I was booked or not but the goal was chalked off, a free out was awarded and the ref gave me a good ticking off :(

If you shout another players name to try make a defender leave it then you should be booked for unsporting conduct.

You should but didn’t stop Harry Arter doing it last season and the defender just stopping in the box. Laughed my head off

I'm sure it's a yellow card offence mate if you do that

Ha, my brother was watching our local village play a team where his music teacher was playing (fellow blue actually which is rare given where I'm from) and this guy shouted olly's ball, as this was his nickname.

And he did actually get booked because the ref said "that's not your name". Maybe this is where the confusion was and the reason for the yellow. I've been laughing at it all these years because the ref was a bit of a flannel (knew him personally) who reminded me of Mike Riley in every single way... Despite only being about 20.

Ha, my brother was watching our local village play a team where his music teacher was playing (fellow blue actually which is rare given where I'm from) and this guy shouted olly's ball, as this was his nickname.

And he did actually get booked because the ref said "that's not your name". Maybe this is where the confusion was and the reason for the yellow. I've been laughing at it all these years because the ref was a bit of a flannel (knew him personally) who reminded me of Mike Riley in every single way... Despite only being about 20.

Arlarse that looking like Riley at any age let alone only being 20 lol

Excited by him now after tonight.
Great in the air, fast and really assured on the ball with good touch.

I've never really took much notice of Zouma at previous clubs but I was impressed by him. The lad is an absolute unit isn't he. At one point their big striker had looked like he outmuscled/fouled him and got slightly ahead of him and he just completely muscled him out of the way and guarded the ball. Considering he would have been rusty I thought he played well.

Status
Not open for further replies.