Zouma on loan?

• Yes

Votes: 500 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 50 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only concern I’ve got is over the positional sense he’s got. I feel the same about Keane and Mina though. Top defenders read the game and sense danger before it happens.

Zouma seems to be quite reactive and relies on his pace too much to recover when it would be better not to have to try and do this.

..similar can be said about Sanchez.

Got some feedback from another of my Stoke contacts. More positive this time, seems his biggest problem is consistency from one game to the next. Goes from giant to clown. Concentration can be an issue.

I'm kind of forming an impression of Yobo Mark 2. I liked Joey, but it's undeniable he had a rick in him. Hopefully Zouma has learned from last season and is more consistent for us.

Any word of whether this got through?

By all accounts it looks good. But not certain, should hear something this morning. One reporter said that if it had fallen though, it would have been disclosed last night as they wouldn't let it drag on. Makes sense.

Pretty much all things say it done,just the FA need to say it,lets hope that is right-[would like to know who the other deal is lol,as there is suppose to be 2,not to us]

Got some feedback from another of my Stoke contacts. More positive this time, seems his biggest problem is consistency from one game to the next. Goes from giant to clown. Concentration can be an issue.

I'm kind of forming an impression of Yobo Mark 2. I liked Joey, but it's undeniable he had a rick in him. Hopefully Zouma has learned from last season and is more consistent for us.
This is often an issue for young defenders. I’m sure the more experience he has the more consistent he’ll be. Either way he’s still better than what we had so it’s an improvement for me.

If and when this goes through, I believe all our centre backs would prefer to play right side of the 2.
Would we go mina right side and zouma left ?.
Seems minor but some can look really uncomfortable on the 'wrong' side.

If and when this goes through, I believe all our centre backs would prefer to play right side of the 2.
Would we go mina right side and zouma left ?.
Seems minor but some can look really uncomfortable on the 'wrong' side.

On that note. How many of our new players are left footed?

I have family who are, for their sins, Stoke fans and they've said similar things regarding concentration: a strong, quick defender who is prone to making mistakes.

He has an ability to recover the ball from dangerous positions, however they exclaimed that often he created these own mistakes through lack of concentration.

I have family who are, for their sins, Stoke fans and they've said similar things regarding concentration: a strong, quick defender who is prone to making mistakes.

He has an ability to recover the ball from dangerous positions, however they exclaimed that often he created these own mistakes through lack of concentration.
I'll take that. Preferable to the slow, weak defenders we currently have that are prone to mistakes...

I'll take that. Preferable to the slow, weak defenders we currently have that are prone to mistakes...
They're season ticket holders so have had the pleasure of watching him regularly over the previous year and they were the main attributes that were highlighted.

Slightly worryingly, they didn't rate him too highly overall (average to good) but admittedly said that he improved as the year went on and their style didn't suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.