Homepage Update: Koeman: Owner support not changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
GrandOldTeam submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Koeman: Owner support not changed
moshirikoeman-1024x461.jpg

Ronald Koeman insists he retains the support of the clubs board and is confident Everton can get a positive result against Arsenal on Sunday.

Earlier in the month, majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri released a statement pledging total support for the manager, support Ronald Koeman insists he still retains.

Koeman said: "Yeah, that's not changed [When asked about support from the owners]. Of course we have daily and weekly contact, I know everybody is a little bit worried about the situation but that's normal.

"It's not time to stop and talk about reasons why [we haven't lived up to expectation]. We need to take the situation how it is now and prepare the team for Sunday.

"The position we are in the league is not the position Everton needs to stay and that's what we need to change.

"I still believe in the players and the signings we did in the summer because maybe everybody can have some doubts about several of the signings. The future will show that the signings we made were in fact good signings.

"If you look back to last season, we had some great games against some of the big teams in the Premier League. And why not against Arsenal?

"Arsenal is not unbeatable, it's also not the strongest team away from home this season.

"We know we need to improve, we need to play better but I think if we bring the fight and the aggression on the pitch, in a good way, then we have a good chance to win the game.

"They rested ten players, who will start maybe on Sunday. We took the decision to give some rest to players for Sunday and I think it's a great game to play."

first? Sorry that doesn't count for non-match stories. B&6ger.

Koeman sounding unusually upbeat in his assessment for Sunday.

COYB : )

As time goes on it's the owner and board who look more foolish. Koeman is just doing his incredibly below average thing and there's no chance in vince mcmahon's hell he's ever going to resign and miss out on a fat compensation. Hopefully we find out soon just how supportive Moshiri really is.

Last edited:
"They rested ten players, who will start maybe on Sunday. We took the decision to give some rest to players for Sunday and I think it's a great game to play."

Difference being of course is that they came away with a result and top their group. We on the other hand are rock bottom and look on the verge of being out of Europe after three games ffs.

Pointless rotating when you need results. ''We may of lost but at least we are a bit fresher for Sunday!!''.

Difference being of course is that they came away with a result and top their group. We on the other hand are rock bottom and look on the verge of being out of Europe after three games ffs.

Pointless rotating when you need results. ''We may of lost but at least we are a bit fresher for Sunday!!''.

Spot on. If you actually look at the Arsenal line up they played a bunch of kids and players such as Debuchy and Wilshere who don't get a sniff of first team action in the league. And they still won.

There's also an argument to be made that the changes he will make for Sunday will actually make us even worse. At least last night we had some semblance of balance and pace. I expect Sunday to see us return to the complete cluster bomb that has been our lineup in most games this year.

It's all going to be smoke and mirrors from Koeman now.

He has the boards (full) support until he is sacked, be it tomorrow, next week or next year.

Privately-held opinions are quite another thing.

But ok, that's football.

Status
Not open for further replies.