Koeman Out snap poll

Sack Koeman?

• Yes

• No

• head in sand on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only an ex player will give us that time. Someone who identifies with the club even against their own best long term interests if we're turned into a success. Unsworth is raw and a gamble but I'd hand him the job.

Welcome back Dave. Koeman is not the man we need if our top 4 ambitions are genuine. But there are so many variables in senior management not present in the U23s, egos, high profile transfers, 24 hour scrutiny etc. that it is an even bigger gamble than you let on. I'm not sure it's the right time to roll the dice, particularly as our problems relate more to a difficult run of fixtures and a mostly new team that just hasn't gelled yet. Besides, Unsworth is doing such a great job in the U23s, who would replace him?

Welcome back Dave. Koeman is not the man we need if our top 4 ambitions are genuine. But there are so many variables in senior management not present in the U23s, egos, high profile transfers, 24 hour scrutiny etc. that it is an even bigger gamble than you let on. I'm not sure it's the right time to roll the dice, particularly as our problems relate more to a difficult run of fixtures and a mostly new team that just hasn't gelled yet. Besides, Unsworth is doing such a great job in the U23s, who would replace him?
Thanks mate.

I reckon though that the major gelling problem is not to do with players but the inability of this manager to gel with the club. He's just alien to us.

Bringing this club through to a top four berth is way too big a task for him. He cant handle the pressure; he hasn't got the nous; and he hasn't got the credibility.

We'll no doubt win tomorrow but that wont persuade too many people he's got what it takes. The feller is marking time here.

I said it ages ago: he's not Everton class...not by a long chalk.
Welcome back, Dave.

And... I'm sorry.

He did steady the ship last season after a rocky two years, but he hasnt got the ambition or tactical awareness to push us on.

His press conferences constantly blame the players instead of looking at the appalling way he sets up for games. He uses them as an opportunity to cover his own arse.

His comments that losing to Chelsea, United and Spurs is 'ok', is an absolute disgrace.

Welcome back, Dave.

And... I'm sorry.

He did steady the ship last season after a rocky two years, but he hasnt got the ambition or tactical awareness to push us on.

His press conferences constantly blame the players instead of looking at the appalling way he sets up for games. He uses them as an opportunity to cover his own arse.

His comments that losing to Chelsea, United and Spurs is 'ok', is an absolute disgrace.

I do wonder what he says if we lost today by a couple of goals...

For me, if we don't win today and against Brighton -- or at the very least look like weve turned a corner

He's got to be punted...

Personally, I'm looking at his formation and team selections and wondering how hes employed at all.

I wonder if his contract is performance related so if we do bin him we dont have to pay 10 mil like spanish bob ........

Welcome back, Dave.

And... I'm sorry.

Thanks mate.

FWIW I think he'll steady the ship again this season...but it really isn't enough. We didn't bring Koeman in and pay him a kings ransom in wages and hand him a massive war-chest to just achieve some Moyesian stability. We brought him in to push on to the next level.

We'll get top eight, I'm sure of it (maybe even 7th). But so what? Both his immediate two predecessors got top 5 spending nothing or with a minor net spend. Should we expect less from him after he spent way more money? Not a chance.

Last edited:
Thanks mate.

FWIW I think he'll steady the ship again this season...but it really isn't enough. We didn't bring Koeman in and pay him a kings ransom in wages and hand him a massive war-chest to just achieve some Moyesian stability. We brought him in to push on to the next level.

We'll get top eight, I'm sure of it (maybe even 7th). But so what? Both his immediate two predecessors got top 5 spending nothing or a minor net spend. Should we expect less from him after he spent way more money? Not a chance.

The way we are playing I think we will be lucky to make top 10

The way we are playing I think we will be lucky to make top 10
The PL though is pretty poor beyond the (annoyingly titled) top 6. We wont have to be great for the rest of the season to get ourselves a top 8 slot - just moderately competent. And we have the players at least to do that.

As said though: so what if we get 7th or 8th? It's failure.

I wonder if his contract is performance related so if we do bin him we dont have to pay 10 mil like spanish bob ........

You would like to think so.....but in view of the fact Moshiri became obsessed with getting him to come here at all costs, I imagine Koeman pretty much wrote his own contract and that that would have included a full pay out clause in the event if us terminating it :(

You would like to think so.....but in view of the fact Moshiri became obsessed with getting him to come here at all costs, I imagine Koeman pretty much wrote his own contract and that that would have included a full pay out clause in the event if us terminating it :(
Yep. He'd have offered some pretty big inducement to get his 'superstar manager'. If he wishes to jettison RK (which I doubt is even on his radar right now) he'd pay through the nose for it.

Personally - unless a complete disaster unfolds - I think we're stuck with him. The best case scenario we have is that his contract renewal talks will be back heeled at the end of this season and he gets the hint and starts planning his own departure before his credibility stock craters once and for all.

We've lost against Chealsea, Spurs and Mancs, who expected a win out of those, serious question. Two wins and a draw out of the last three, we'll be O K.

You're falling into that trap again like a lot did on here, it wasn't the getting beat that was the problem, it was the negative, white flag waving performances against Chelsea and Spurs, and the likes of Atalanta that were the problem, the score lines against those teams actually flattered us, and apart from a couple of decent performances against the 2 Manc teams (first half against Man City) we have been absolutely abysmal.

Status
Not open for further replies.