Kit Manufacture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I forgot that fanatics had taken over kitbag. Surely the club could have used that change to
re-negotiate the deal. As you say, ideally they should deal direct with the manufacturer.

I'm no fan of kitbag, but surely their legal team wrote a contract that can be assigned or transferred when a merger or acquisition occurs. Unless kitbag were complete dopes, their acquisition by fanatics did nothing to change the terms of the contract.

*Of course, not knowing the details of the merger/acquistion, Kitbag could still exist as an entity, and therefore all of their contracts continue to exist, but with a new name and under the Fanatics umbrella. All that to say, you can't necessarily dump a contract when the other party changes hands.

Reactions: kev
Everyone was hoping for Under Armour, Adidas or Nike....

Everton have extended the deal with Umbro for an extra season though. The deal was meant to run out this season however we will be in Umbro for 19/20 season.

Back on topic: UA are horrendous and Nike clearly didn't give any thoughts to Everton. Adidas would be the same identikit issue Nike gave, just that people would like to see the change. I've got some issues with Umbro design, but generally I think they have treated the club well.

Fanatics is kitbag isn't it ?

They were Kitbag, but were bought by the american Fanatics brand.

I've posted about this previously about Fanatics but they tend to have bespoke deals with all of their clubs they licensed the brand for.

e.g. Villa they have full rights to (ie. they can put the Villa logo on their own garments) - and Chelsea they have partial distribution rights to etc.

So basically, regardless of the manufacturer - expect Fanatics to stay in the picture.

I don't care who they are with, but we need to increase our commercial revenue and jersey sales could help.

Buying Rooney last year could've been a bit of a windfall but was not.

Let me give you another example - Hirving Lozano. Obviously Pulisic over in the states is a big deal financially. Leading up to the world cup, the #1 selling jersey in 9 states was Hirving Lozano's Mexico jersey, including California. That's ahead of Messi and others. You put him in an Everton kit with the right kit deal, and we may FINALLY see an Everton kit or two in a mainstream store. People love soccer jerseys in the states, but in regular stores, you see Tottenham, Man U, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, and Liverpool everywhere. You also see Bayern, Real, Barca, and Dortmund jerseys often due to Pulisic.

For a team that is historically the most US friendly team, we are really missing out on commercial revenue from the US marketplace.

Would like to see Everton in an Adidas kit myself. I wonder why we are only extending the deal by one year? My guess is when the contract with Umbro expires next season, work will have hopefully started in the new stadium and the club are hoping we can maximise our shirt deal with a new kit manufacturer, due to the enhanced exposure the club will receive.

took my three sprog teenagers into the Everton 1 and 2 stores on a recent visit with an open cheque book. they bought one 1st team shirt and one training top between them. who says we don't appeal to american youth!!

I don't care who they are with, but we need to increase our commercial revenue and jersey sales could help.

Buying Rooney last year could've been a bit of a windfall but was not.

Let me give you another example - Hirving Lozano. Obviously Pulisic over in the states is a big deal financially. Leading up to the world cup, the #1 selling jersey in 9 states was Hirving Lozano's Mexico jersey, including California. That's ahead of Messi and others. You put him in an Everton kit with the right kit deal, and we may FINALLY see an Everton kit or two in a mainstream store. People love soccer jerseys in the states, but in regular stores, you see Tottenham, Man U, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, and Liverpool everywhere. You also see Bayern, Real, Barca, and Dortmund jerseys often due to Pulisic.

For a team that is historically the most US friendly team, we are really missing out on commercial revenue from the US marketplace.
Richarlson could be the one if he gets right into that Brazil starting eleven.

But no doubt we flog him to PSG or someone if that happens just before the next world cup.

Whats wrong with you people. Worst kits ever.

Aside from their dodgy "Tyre Track" sash on one of Spurs' shirts, I actually think Under Armour make unique, boss shirts.

Not that I'm paying £55 for one like, but you know, the gym clobber i'd be right over.

Our best kit ever in my opinion.
PA-311624.jpg

I like Umbro

I just hate the fact we have to slap the SportsPesa logo all over it. I hope we don't renew that sponsorship tbh. I'd be happy for the club to take less money to be sponsored by a less scumbaggy company
Seconded.

Though i haven't seen a decent kit on us or anyone else since the 80s so i no longer give a monkeys about who makes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.