2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it’s not is it. We’re 15 games into the season, we’ve only won 3 of them, so I’m going to become the second person in quick succession to question your maths skills.

The list of teams people think it’s ridiculous to think we can get a result against seems to grow by the week. We’re now adding Leicester apparently, so there’s (at least) 8 teams in the league that we just have to write games off against. Considering we have all 8 to play in the second part of the season, and 2 of them twice, that gives us a grand total of 13 games to get the points we need to stay up. Considering we’ve failed to beat 6 of those 13 teams already I don’t fancy our chances.
And the propaganda will be that "Wolves have been improving" by the time they dismiss us 2-0 in December. Writing is on the wall. People just can't read it because it is obscured by a "Benitez Out!" bedsheet.

Happy with what Kevin has done so far with limited resources and the difficulty in signing better players who quite simply want Better clubs . Needs to deliver in the next window and give Frank ( or next manager )more players to keep us up . There is 23 games let so plenty of time to step up .. fingers crossed !!!
The changes being implemented at Academy level will take time to come to fruition. I like what I have seen so far and it feels like academy players will get more of a chance with the first team.

I note he is also recruiting a head of recruitment. Many many changes behind the scenes that look positive. Time will tell of course.

The next step will be to support Frank in the transfer market. Some attacking creativity required.

The changes being implemented at Academy level will take time to come to fruition. I like what I have seen so far and it feels like academy players will get more of a chance with the first team.

I note he is also recruiting a head of recruitment. Many many changes behind the scenes that look positive. Time will tell of course.

The next step will be to support Frank in the transfer market. Some attacking creativity required.

Or support in picking a new manager if Frank gets the chop in the next few weeks.

And the propaganda will be that "Wolves have been improving" by the time they dismiss us 2-0 in December. Writing is on the wall. People just can't read it because it is obscured by a "Benitez Out!" bedsheet.
I refuse to be pessimistic right now. I think the break will have let them get some stuff sorted out and targets identified.

Work has already started with Rondon leaving. I think there will be more to follow with Doucoure and Keane probably leaving for actual transfer fees. This will create headroom for incomings.

I don’t think he will. All the mood music coming from inside the club is that they are backing him.
That's all fine and well but then he needs to show that he has something else in his locker that can turn this team around, and tbh I'm not 100% convinced he has anything.

I don't like what I've seen so far.

I feel like Everton has the worst playing squad it's arguably had in premier league history. The quality of the young players coming through looks like the worst it's been for years and doesnt seem to show any signs of getting better and any top talent is being swallowed up by a super six club (Lawrence).

We have a director of football and manager who don't really have any credit in the bank from previous ventures to suggest they have more about them than the their counterparts at the clubs they are competing with. Just a lot of talk so far, yet the evidence shows a team flirting with relegation with the lowest expected goals average in the league and an ever increasing goals against xg.

From top to bottom the club is a shambles and as an experienced fan it seems obvious to me that Everton will go down this season unless if they sign 2 or 3 quality difference maker type players in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.