2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two results? Have you only just come out of a coma?

Perhaps if we write to the Premier League and ask them if they’ll let us pick and choose when we want to play each team to ensure we catch everyone while they’re out of form it’ll help. Seems a solid plan to me.
Hes right its two premier league results.

Bournemouth / Leicester.

If we had picked up a win against Fulham (or 2pts extra somewhere through our missed chances being scored) we'd be 4pts and only one win from 9th.

The fact is that poor finishing, shocking refereeing/VAR decisions and our best forward being injured have all contributed to the low league position.

Hes right its two premier league results.

Bournemouth / Leicester.

If we had picked up a win against Fulham (or 2pts extra somewhere through our missed chances being scored) we'd be 4pts and only one win from 9th.

The fact is that poor finishing, shocking refereeing/VAR decisions and our best forward being injured have all contributed to the low league position.
Well it’s not is it. We’re 15 games into the season, we’ve only won 3 of them, so I’m going to become the second person in quick succession to question your maths skills.

The list of teams people think it’s ridiculous to think we can get a result against seems to grow by the week. We’re now adding Leicester apparently, so there’s (at least) 8 teams in the league that we just have to write games off against. Considering we have all 8 to play in the second part of the season, and 2 of them twice, that gives us a grand total of 13 games to get the points we need to stay up. Considering we’ve failed to beat 6 of those 13 teams already I don’t fancy our chances.

Two results? Have you only just come out of a coma?

Perhaps if we write to the Premier League and ask them if they’ll let us pick and choose when we want to play each team to ensure we catch everyone while they’re out of form it’ll help. Seems a solid plan to me.

Mate if you want to throw your toys out of the pram go ahead but I'm just giving you the facts. Leicester gave city a good game, something we are currently not able to do. Obviously earlier in the season we drew a lot of games and the jury was out but we picked up before the run of tough games that ended in close run defeats.

The Bournemouth games are the sucker punches, win both of those and we wouldn't be having this conversation, so as I said people are going overboard for two results. Whether it gets better or not from here I can't tell you but we shouldn't be pulling our hair out just yet.

Mate if you want to throw your toys out of the pram go ahead but I'm just giving you the facts. Leicester gave city a good game, something we are currently not able to do. Obviously earlier in the season we drew a lot of games and the jury was out but we picked up before the run of tough games that ended in close run defeats.

The Bournemouth games are the sucker punches, win both of those and we wouldn't be having this conversation, so as I said people are going overboard for two results. Whether it gets better or not from here I can't tell you but we shouldn't be pulling our hair out just yet.
The defeats dont bother me, as such, its the manner of the defeats.

Weak, abject, lazy, poor.

Are just a few words.

Perhaps I should have said performances but even if we played well and narrowly lost I think it would be more or less the same feeling from most.
From my POV, at least I could think that we at least tried and it was just "bad luck" or something.

Like what Zats doing, by blaming the Ref.

But I dont even have that.

Im pretty down, those last 3 games were a right kick in the nuts, as I said, 6 long weeks for me to fester on it, with a only a farce of a world cup and a commerce driven few days based on the death of a made up fella who didnt exist 2022 years ago.

Its being so happy that keeps me going.

:hayee:

Happy with what Kevin has done so far with limited resources and the difficulty in signing better players who quite simply want Better clubs . Needs to deliver in the next window and give Frank ( or next manager )more players to keep us up . There is 23 games let so plenty of time to step up .. fingers crossed !!!

I’m not throwing my toys out of the pram, I’m just saying that we’ve been showing relegation form all season and pretending that’s only been 2 games is frankly ridiculous.

You’re looking at it very simplistically. In very basic terms, yes the Bournemouth games are what has people worried, but they’re just the straw that broke the camels back. People (well, most of us) look at things in sequences and patterns, not just as individual games. There is absolutely no shame in losing any of your 38 individual games in a season. There is a lot of shame in losing all of your 38 games. Do you see what I mean? If we’d lost to Bournemouth but had won against forest, Brentford, villa etc then people wouldn’t be so bothered, but we didn’t, so they are.

On topic, I have absolutely no idea whether thelwell is a champ or a chump.

I get that by law you have to advertise these roles but I would hope they have someone in mind for such a key role.
Tony Hibbert maybe?

As Head of Emerging Talent, you will work closely with our Director of Football, Academy Director, Head of Recruitment, Manager of Scouting & Operations and Head of Academy Recruitment

Quite the delegation, reminds me of;
5E8E71C1-E10A-43F8-803E-27A23EB2B9BA.jpeg

Hope it fixes our recruitment at long last.

What I don't get about the Maupay signing is why didn't they look at his profile and how it fits with our style of play? Brighton look at how each player they recruit fits their play style? We don't and is it any wonder we end up with a 5 7" striker who we are launching balls up to when that's not his game. He's a tidy forward who can take the odd chance and link up with others on the floor he didn't fit the profile of what we needed. We needed pace and threat from out wide and or a number nine to rotate or replace Dom.

What I don't get about the Maupay signing is why didn't they look at his profile and how it fits with our style of play? Brighton look at how each player they recruit fits their play style? We don't and is it any wonder we end up with a 5 7" striker who we are launching balls up to when that's not his game. He's a tidy forward who can take the odd chance and link up with others on the floor he didn't fit the profile of what we needed. We needed pace and threat from out wide and or a number nine to rotate or replace Dom.
6E112CAD-7BA3-4EAA-ABF9-40885E16F08A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.