2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands was bad...but this guy is another level of bad...mediocrity at his best.

Nonsense. I think a lot of our fans think transfer dealings are like Football Manager. Thelwell is likely working in difficult circumstances, particularly with the people who control the money changing (CEO/FD etc...) and potential changes to Board and ownership ongoing in the background. His job is also more than just making signings. Just listened to an agent on Talksport speak very highly of Thelwell as a professional and a person. No doubt he has a salary that recognises the level of demand and repsonsibility but there is nothing to suggest he is 'mediocre at best' - I doubt it is a job with circumstances that would currently make anyone doing it a shining light. Brands also had a successful track record prior to working for us - I think we all know if the problems at the club were down to any individual, it is not Kevin Thelwell.

Nonsense. I think a lot of our fans think transfer dealings are like Football Manager. Thelwell is likely working in difficult circumstances, particularly with the people who control the money changing (CEO/FD etc...) and potential changes to Board and ownership ongoing in the background. His job is also more than just making signings. Just listened to an agent on Talksport speak very highly of Thelwell as a professional and a person. No doubt he has a salary that reconises the level of demand and repsonsibility but there is nothing to suggest he is 'mediocre at best' - I doubt it is a job with circumstances that would currently make anyone doing it a shining light. Brands also had a successful track record prior to working for us - I think we all know if the problems at the club were down to any individual, it is not Kevin Thelwell.
Brands has not been successful and will never be successfull...this is why he is where he is. Thelwell is just not delivering end of...his track record is poor and probably one of the reasons he is still here is that we are very good at paying over the odds for mediocrity at all levels, including players. Stealing a living for me.

Nonsense. I think a lot of our fans think transfer dealings are like Football Manager. Thelwell is likely working in difficult circumstances, particularly with the people who control the money changing (CEO/FD etc...) and potential changes to Board and ownership ongoing in the background. His job is also more than just making signings. Just listened to an agent on Talksport speak very highly of Thelwell as a professional and a person. No doubt he has a salary that recognises the level of demand and repsonsibility but there is nothing to suggest he is 'mediocre at best' - I doubt it is a job with circumstances that would currently make anyone doing it a shining light. Brands also had a successful track record prior to working for us - I think we all know if the problems at the club were down to any individual, it is not Kevin Thelwell.

I dont think anyone disputes the restrictions. He's had over a year to address the centre forward issue. Make as many excuses as you like. Its a huge failure.

management needs to bin Kevin and all our scouts. Get a fresh team in with ambition and a talent to find gems. I’m so sick of signing rejects.

There’s no excuses here a CF should have been our very first signing early in the window. No clue what this freak is doing. More panic signings ? Great!

Kevin - this club has now needed a proper number 9 for 24 months. Granted you have not been here for that whole period, but it should have been hilariously obvious that even getting a low level championship big guy would suffice at this point of the window, with an aim to bring a second one in.

I'm ok with not getting the needed LB, CB, RW that the team needs as a minimum at this point in the transfer window - but to not have a number 9 in by now reeks of incompetence.

Brands has not been successful and will never be successfull...this is why he is where he is. Thelwell is just not delivering end of...his track record is poor and probably one of the reasons he is still here is that we are very good at paying over the odds for mediocrity at all levels, including players. Stealing a living for me.

Compared to Brands and Walsh he has the toughest job of it. FFP restrictions will make it hard to get deals done as majority of clubs want the majority of payment upfront and we will be wanting to pay a minimum up front.

Reality is, it will be the last few weeks of the window when clubs are prepared to accept our terms.

All he had to do, was find us a centre forward, who was better than Rondon and wasn’t Maupay.

It really wasn’t that hard

I dont think anyone disputes the restrictions. He's had over a year to address the centre forward issue. Make as many excuses as you like. Its a huge failure.

If he can't do the business then his reputation is muddied, if he can't do it through monetary restrictions then resign and tell the truth why. Don't give Kenwright and Moshiri any leeway.

Status
Not open for further replies.