2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, does anyone really believe that we've just appointed 3 incompetent DOFs on the spin?

Is it not reaching the point where we look at it and wonder if the problem isn't a bigger one than that?
Exactly. Same story with the managers we've appointed. What's the one constant throughout this whole debacle? The board.

I don't think he's at fault necessarily for the transfers. But if it was his decision to keep Frank on for as long as we did after the world Cup then serious questions have to be asked. Anyone can see it was a sinking ship after Bournemouth and prolonging Frank's reign looks like it may have cost us premier league status. So if he was calling to keep faith with Frank then his decision making needs to be questioned and he's not up to the task.

If it wasn't him who made that choice then he shouldn't be blamed of course.

Rumours that he’s handed his resignation in.

Marcel Brands and Silva were a combination that should have been given time.
(experienced DoF + Young manager with a playing style he wanted to cultivate)

If they couldn't make it work, nobody is going to.
Just like the managers and players recruitment, Steve Walsh to Brands to Thelwell is such a scattergun approach.

Rumours that he’s handed his resignation in.
I don't believe Thelwell is incompetent just not given the freedom and resources to do the job.

If he was to resign I'd consider him highly for acting with integrity and doubtless at some considerable expense. That's rare.

It's an action that would further highlight the untenable position of the board and owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.