2018/19 Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those two highlighted cost the club over £30m combined, and Walcott I reckon is on about the same wage as Mirallas. Can you honestly say that the club did good business loaning Mirallas out and bringing these two in?

He's at the tail end of his career, sure. But if we got decent offers for Walcott and Tosun, I'd happily sell them both and bring Mirallas back into the squad for whatever's left of his contract.

Mirrallas is poisonous mate want him nowhere near the place

Good squad players? Really? I'll grant you that neither of them appear to be bad apples in terms of squad harmony, but they don't contribute much on the field and they don't push the starting XI players. The commentators last week were openly mocking United for conceding a goal to Walcott. The prices paid for Walcott and Tosun, plus Walcott's wages, make it clear that they were not purchased to be squad rotation players - they were supposed to be starters. I'm not saying Mirallas is miles better than either of them - I'm saying that the club spent a large amount of money on two players who are certainly no better than Mirallas, and he could provide the bench cover they both currently provide.

You support the decision to put one highly-paid player out on loan, whilst buying in two more for substantial transfer fees, paying them comparable wages to the player you've loaned out and getting nothing more in terms of productivity for either of them. Sound business, that. I'm glad there's no chance of you ever handling Everton's finances or transfers.
None of them are worth their salaries and shouldn't be in the club. They offer nothing. Is that better?

None of them are worth their salaries and shouldn't be in the club. They offer nothing. Is that better?
Makes more sense than the previous point to which I replied, yes.

I can accept people saying Mirallas's time at the club is over. I can't handle people suggesting Walcott is any better a winger, or Tosun is any better a striker, because the stats don't back that up. We spent a LOT of money on those two and the reason I would get shot of them before Mirallas is that they are both more likely to attract half-decent fees because they are younger (albeit not by much).

All three will be gone by the end of January 2020 anyway.

Makes more sense than the previous point to which I replied, yes.

I can accept people saying Mirallas's time at the club is over. I can't handle people suggesting Walcott is any better a winger, or Tosun is any better a striker, because the stats don't back that up. We spent a LOT of money on those two and the reason I would get shot of them before Mirallas is that they are both more likely to attract half-decent fees because they are younger (albeit not by much).

All three will be gone by the end of January 2020 anyway.
I can't deny that it seems inconsistent. Walcott however has scored double digits in the league twice, certainly has put up more impressive numbers than Kevin Mirallas, and is a year and half younger. He seems to work hard and have a great attitude as has been said before. So I do think he's a bit better a player.

I watch a lot of Fiorentina b/c Chiesa is amazing and at least at the beginning of the year, they were flying and fun to watch. In Kevin's defense, who would you put him in for? Chiesa is well, Chiesa, Muriel was just on fire at the beginning of the year, Simeone is a good player, Pjaca is getting paid a lot and has an option to buy, etc. Mirallas hasn't looked awful to me when he's come on, but he's just not explosive anymore. He used to really be able to run with the ball and really put pressure on opponents. He's just not very effective anymore.

Tosun is different. I think he's been a bit unlucky not to score a few more this year, but he's a CF and not really the same type of player.

Honestly, they are both short term stupid buys by Allardyce that explain how he leaves almost every team he takes over in MUCH worse shape when he leaves them.

Those two highlighted cost the club over £30m combined, and Walcott I reckon is on about the same wage as Mirallas. Can you honestly say that the club did good business loaning Mirallas out and bringing these two in?

He's at the tail end of his career, sure. But if we got decent offers for Walcott and Tosun, I'd happily sell them both and bring Mirallas back into the squad for whatever's left of his contract.
Trees mate you and I had a long discussion about this guy quite a while back and I thought you'd maybe by your absence on this thread come to realise what he's like.
No one has ever doubted his ability but the negatives far outway the positives and I can't believe anyone least of all a sensible guy like yourself would seriously consider bringing back such a seriously disruptive character like him back into the squad, seriously? We are literally looking to virtually give him away and still there are no takers, I wonder why?

Status
Not open for further replies.