Transfer Rumour Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatara

Player Valuation: £90m
Imagine my delight to wake up this morning and see the name 'Kalidou Koulibaly' linked all over the internet. It's in the mail and the express, as well as the Italian media and of course Twitter.

We were linked to him 12months ago before we went for Mori and so as i mentioned a few times on this site, ive taken an interest in him. We dont have premier league games on cable in my neck of the woods so ive either the option of european leagues at home or taking a taxi to the pub for their live internet streaming of the premier league. Worth it for Everton but otherwise i just stick on European games at home.

Anyway, to describe Kalidou is to basically think of the ideal physical template of the ultimate central defender.

Height = 6'5
Build = Huge
Pace = Rapid
Strength = Like a bear

In short if you were going to build a robot/android to be a centre back it would look like him.

However, at this level you also need to be top notch defensively. I am in good company when i class Kalidou as the best centre back in Serie A. Maradona himself said the same and Conte the new Chelsea boss known for defensive quality in his teams made him his 1st choice signing.

Heading, tacking and also moving players off the ball comes easy for him, he also can be a James McCarthy type destroyer in that he charges at players and effortlessly gets the ball then runs forward with it before laying off a simple pass to a midfielder.

However, hes not only adept at defending, he can also play Koeman-esque 'long balls' to the wingers and forwards. Pinpoint passes which immediately turn defence into attack.

Click the youtube link below to see his allround play, at 8mins ish onwards theres an example of his passing

I said a week ago that if Chelsea signed him then put a bet on them having the best defensive record next season, hes that good.

He models his game on Lilian Thuram and can play CB, DM and RB. If our £38mil bid is accepted hes the one player i dont mind losing Stones for.

This is a huge potential signing.

Not happening.... But A for effort as always Zat.

Personally i think if we got him and a top keeper and a couple more signings were on for top 6 easily.

Getting him would almost feel like cheating. Would be most exciting signing since Kancho....a truly world class player.

Also if napoli have increased their bid for witsel then they need funds...hopefully from us.

It is like Batshuayi all over again with Chelsea, West Ham, and Palace.

Even though our bid would be accepted by Laurentiis, there is nothing we could do if the player wants to play for the bigger club, which is Chelsea.

Also, Koulibaly is Conte's primary target. Roman will and spend enormous fees to satisfy Conte.

It is like Batshuayi all over again with Chelsea, West Ham, and Palace.

Even though our bid would be accepted by Laurentiis, there is nothing we could do if the player wants to play for the bigger club, which is Chelsea.

Also, Koulibaly is Conte's primary target. Roman will and spend enormous fees to satisfy Conte.

Hate that word bigger club, maybe a richer club.

Status
Not open for further replies.