Just how do we compete on field and become challengers once again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kithnou

Player Valuation: £70m
I'll start this off by saying I am as excited as most with the direction Mr Moshiri appears to be taking our beloved Everton since his arrival in February.

We read of some shrewd off field appointments already in the Moshiri thread, and of possible movements on the horizon with some genuinely talented individuals getting involved in some capacity.

Stadium issue appears to be moving along with finally some news to come soon on a potential site that may excite us.

So my genuine concern at the moment is... "Just how do we compete on field and become challengers once again?"

Our next Manager will have the reported £100m transfer budget, which is exciting us all no end.

But I wake up this morning down here and read that Jose will have £200m to spend on 5 key targets to make Man Utd title contenders next season, including of course our John Stones. Mr Lukaku is as good as gone. Man City with Pep will no doubt have endless to spend to make them Champions next season, Chelsea and even Liverpool will possibly go on similar spending sprees this Summer.

I am genuinely finding it difficult to see just how we are going to be able to catch up when we are constantly going to be losing our best players to these clubs.

Stones and Lukaku this Summer. You just can't lose your best talent and expect to replace them for like.
We need to make a stand at some point and not be a feeder club. Show a sturdy backbone that we won't be pushed over.

Genuine discussion please.

the best talent are the players who give 100% every time they wear the royal blue, neither stones or lukaku have fulfilled those criteria

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
Sounds great in theory when written on paper, but a team of Osmans isn't going to cut the mustard. I'll need more convincing mate ;)

We have the basis of a good team and some great youth stars coming through. A great new manager and just a couple of well chosen signings should set us off on the right path.
We already have some great players who were not motivated enough to perform to the best of their ability under RM.
Onwards and upwards- Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Win football games.
We need leaders on the pitch with a winning mentality.
Can't keep selling our best talent mate. That is just chasing our own tails over and over again.

dog_chasing_his_own_tail_700-00046138.jpg

We have the basis of a good team and some great youth stars coming through. A great new manager and just a couple of well chosen signings should set us off on the right path.
We already have some great players who were not motivated enough to perform to the best of their ability under RM.
Onwards and upwards- Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.
Which appears to be broken once again this Summer possibly. So starting from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.